Trufiber hood quality?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Alright....you need a mobile phone upgrade LOL! Looks good. Get some pics standing back from the car so you can get the whole car in the pic from different angles. Put the lower rockers on too. No wax for a year seems crazy. My painter says 30 days and wax is fine. No washing for a month? Sounds odd. I do know that you can polish it with a good polish to your hearts content. You just don't want to wax it for 30 days so it can breathe and release the gases.

So other than the imperfections in the black mesh what else did you find? Any fish eyes or runs in the paint? Looking forward to some more pics!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I'll get the good cam today. but yea this is "what I paid for" ahah sort of. but its doable and I didnt want to spend too much anyways, waiting for the 2015 mustang.. I hope.

lostsoul

Reaction score
here are some better pics of my 800 buck paint job.. There are areas it looks like they missed but this morning I was wiping it and there was paint under it. almost like left over sanding crap or polish or something.. I need to find a paint pen or something so I can fix the spots they missed on the mesh. Anyone know what I can use?

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

20130415_104107.jpg

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good! Painter just sent me a pic of my hood last night after base and clear. Next is sand and polish and I should have it back on the car by the weekend.

lostsoul

Reaction score
part of me doesn't want to stripe it. I had the car out 3 times from going back and forth to work and theres been a few people that honked and told me they love it and the sound of the procharger.. Dump that roush and get a p1sc/d1 and a mondo..haha

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
part of me doesn't want to stripe it. I had the car out 3 times from going back and forth to work and theres been a few people that honked and told me they love it and the sound of the procharger.. Dump that roush and get a p1sc/d1 and a mondo..haha

Nah. I got enough power to make me grin. Besides you can't drive fast anywhere around here. Constantly too much traffic.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got the transfer paper templates cut out that I had on the hood and transferred those to the actual stripes. Came out great. I've put stripes and lettering on countless ambulance bodies but this hood was tricky. Will hopefully have time over the weekend to get them on.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Finally done! Very happy with how it turned out. Can definitely hear that supercharger and CAI more thats for sure. Cruising temps seem a lot lower too with this vented hood. The 3 inch tall cowl will take some getting used to though lol. All in all, a big thumbs up for Trufiber.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'm done modding now lol.

Back