Tune not working/cant drive car

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Another update, my car is drinking oil at a pretty good rate.

Awesome.

jaw.gif
dead2.gif

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
Why is it running long enough to drink oil? Are you driving it around? You keep saying your going to get it dyno tuned but why do that if it doesn't run right! Im sure the datalogging process is easy enough to do give it a shot with chris!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
ebay is your friend....................uggghhh...:thud::kill:
If you're gonna do it do it right!
scooter6.bmp

Yellow I know you wish a dyno tune would fix your problem and so do I but it's something physical and you need to get it checked out before it gets worse. wishful thinking only goes so far, I wouldn't run that car on a dyno at 6k rpm till I get the problem figured out.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Im about a qaurt and a half low on oil. My@uncles looking at it while im at work hopefully he can figure it out if there is anyone that can its him.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
No vacuum leak no timing issue have a slight oil leak going to go ahead with the oil change and if I keep losing oil progressively I will replace the oil pan gasket and that should do the trick or just dothe oil change and oil pan gasket at the same time so idk what then problem is, ideas anyone?

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
Do a datalog and see what's not right. No point in guessing and hoping when you have a tuner

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Updates? I was away all last week, so I didn't get a chance to reply. I got bits and pieces of this on my phone where I did have service out of the country.

The burning oil thing is concerning. There's literally nothing I could do to cause the symptoms that you're having. I'm also confused as to if the car runs or not, like the person above.

You're saying it doesn't idle and just dies. So it's eating quarts of oil idling for a few seconds and shutting off?

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Went and got it put on a dyno, it was running Extremely rich at a dangerous level, he dynoed it with your tune it put down 326rwhp and 335rwtq and he said the dyno was about 10 off so add 10, but it was lean so now im down to 320rwhp and 332rwtq... plus ten so yeah, but it drive better now and i checked for an oil leak or anything but nothing came up. so i think it'll be fine for now, want to get a better tune because it still has problems from time to time...

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Went and got it put on a dyno, it was running Extremely rich at a dangerous level, he dynoed it with your tune it put down 326rwhp and 335rwtq and he said the dyno was about 10 off so add 10, but it was lean so now im down to 320rwhp and 332rwtq... plus ten so yeah, but it drive better now and i checked for an oil leak or anything but nothing came up. so i think it'll be fine for now, want to get a better tune because it still has problems from time to time...

Which one was it?

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Wait wait wait.

So if it was extremely unsafe rich (which I think he's taking you for a ride with that info), why would he "add 10", and what is he "adding"? If anything he'd take 10% fuel out IF it was running extremely rich. That's just assuming that he meant "add 10" as in "add 10% fuel" with end user adjustability.

The other thing is that if he took 10% away from an extremely rich situation, it would never put you anywhere close to "lean". For example, if you were running like 11.8 @ WOT naturally aspirated (which is very rich, but in no means extremely unsafe), and he took out 10%, that would only put you at 13.1, which isn't really lean, especially because I can guarantee this guy was reading AFR from the tailpipe. So unsafe rich would be like 10.1:1 or maybe 10.5:1, minus 10% only brings you up in the 11.2-11.6 area. Still too rich.

Also, we only allow a certain amount of fuel to be added/subtracted at WOT, and 10% isn't possible. Furthermore, it's not the right way to tune a car, the best way is to send the first dyno pull to us with no changes and let us dial in the AFR based on those results inside the calibration and not with a "blanket" fuel percentage modifier.

He couldn't have gone inside the tune itself, as we send out encrypted ".cef" email files, which SCT's software wont allow you to open and modify.

And finally, if your idling issues still exists, it sounds like we're back at square 1?

I would go get some money back....

Last edited:

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Now I'm even more confused. So he got his car dyno'd and lost a few horsepower and they left it lean?

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Yea it doesn't make any sense. First he said extremely rich, then on the dyno it was really lean. Then i think they corrected the lean part and he lost power

Clarification is needed here

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
umm dude, wtf are they doing to your car? fyi like chris said, they can't modify a CEF file they would have to load their own base tune file in to modify it.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Okay calm down guys let me explain I DON'T know what the fuck he did, I will never be going back to that place nor will i ever reccomend that place. He was doing the AFR tailpipe like you said Chris, when he ran the car with your tune with the idling issues and all nothing changed it made 326rwhp and 336rwtq (add ten horsepower and torque because the dyno he was using was low on the numbers) he said the car was running extremly lean *thats what he said* but now that im thinking about it im doubting it. I lost horsepower but it drives pretty well, it died here and there and idled funny for the first 2-3 days but i guess the car fixed itself. This is the same guy that tuned my uncles cobra the SAME day and said he had his tune including the bigger MAF and stage 3 meth kit. Neither where on. Any other questions ill be glad to answer to clear up, i don't know what he did to the car he went into a completly other room while he tuned it.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
They are crooks to say the least. they asked my uncle if they could ''Try'' the sct tuner on his car because apparently his diablo ''broke'' while he was using it. then without telling him charged him the 400$ for it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back