Tune not working/cant drive car

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Okay calm down guys let me explain I DON'T know what the fuck he did, I will never be going back to that place nor will i ever reccomend that place. He was doing the AFR tailpipe like you said Chris, when he ran the car with your tune with the idling issues and all nothing changed it made 326rwhp and 336rwtq (add ten horsepower and torque because the dyno he was using was low on the numbers) he said the car was running extremly lean *thats what he said* but now that im thinking about it im doubting it. I lost horsepower but it drives pretty well, it died here and there and idled funny for the first 2-3 days but i guess the car fixed itself. This is the same guy that tuned my uncles cobra the SAME day and said he had his tune including the bigger MAF and stage 3 meth kit. Neither where on. Any other questions ill be glad to answer to clear up, i don't know what he did to the car he went into a completly other room while he tuned it.

Okay cool, so this clears things up a little bit. The "add 10" thing, I would throw away. The numbers you said sound pretty decent. What was the brand of dyno? Dynojet? Mustang Dyno? Dynapack? Superflow?

So he was saying ours was running lean. Did he happen to give you a printout of our dyno run with air/fuel ratio? Or did he give you an idea for what he considers lean? Reason I'm asking is because at the tailpipe, through cats, I'd expect 12.8-13.0 to show up closer to 13.4-13.6 at the tailpipe through a sniffer.

What tune feels better? Our mail order tune or his dyno tune? I wish I could have you datalog both and post so you could compare VCT, Spark, etc. (which I'm confident we'd school him).

If he had idling stuff that had to learn, he didn't dial in the tables close enough. Luckily most idle air tables are adaptive, so it was atleast within reason.

The numbers don't sound bad at all. When I get some of these answers we can try and figure out why the car won't idle.

Do you have a laptop and a USB cable? I'm confident I could walk you through datalogging idle over the phone so we can take a look and see if we see anything wrong.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Houston performance.

Just gimmie a call chris i got a freind who can datalog for me and i can send it to you

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I find it strange the Houston Performance is doing all of this...They've been around forever and this side of the story we are being told makes them seem HORRIBLE haha. Of course every shop has flaws and horror stories on the internet so its possible.

I hope it all gets worked out for you soon so we can arrange a track day.

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
I find it strange the Houston Performance is doing all of this...They've been around forever and this side of the story we are being told makes them seem HORRIBLE haha. Of course every shop has flaws and horror stories on the internet so its possible.

I hope it all gets worked out for you soon so we can arrange a track day.
Idk maybe i just got a bad one out of the bunch. I was there and i can tell you first hand.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
So there is no physical malfunction with your car at all?

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Not anymore theres not. Not that i can see. Only thing I can see it gets doggy up in the higher rpms. but no ''problems''

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you thought they scammed your uncle, why would you trust them with your car?

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
I got my car tuned before his. They didn't tell this till after i paid and he was in the process of paying. As they handed him the bill and he gave them the wtf face for the 800$ tab which was suppose to be only 300$ for the tune just like me and my cousins thats when they decided to mention it.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I can't grasp how "it gets doggy" if it's making the correct power? Do you have a dyno graph you can post?

I'm still saying we have an issue going on. I am going to put together a datalog configuration and email it over with instructions.

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
This thread makes my brain hurt. You ask people who obviously know what they are talking about a question and when they answer it you completely ignore it and give some fuckstick 300 bucks to make some noise with your car and draw pretty lines on a computer screen.

FAIL

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
This thread makes my brain hurt. You ask people who obviously know what they are talking about a question and when they answer it you completely ignore it and give some fuckstick 300 bucks to make some noise with your car and draw pretty lines on a computer screen.

FAIL

My bad dad. I forgot to listen to you. If you MUST stick your head up my ass and get into MY business, I needed a car I could DRIVE to SCHOOL AND WORK, which it did not do with Chris's current tune.

So that being said I don't see how it's ''FAIL'' and if you mean by ''make noise and draw pretty lines'' Fix my cars problems so I could get to my JOB and my COLLEGE CLASSES. then sure, What a waste of 300$. Money isn't a issue here champ, you're acting like I gave the guy an unspeakable amount of money.

No where in this section did i say Chris and his team where not capable. My only car and it was my solution to get it fixed on the spot when I needed it. I'm going to give chris the datalog after he emails me the steps and I'll get my freind to do it when he gets back into town.

Sure the money could have gone elsewhere. You have to pay to play. I did this tune strictly for DRIVEABILITY. I was expecting 305rwhp at the most anyways so it was nice to finally see what it made anyways.

Last edited:

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
I can't grasp how "it gets doggy" if it's making the correct power? Do you have a dyno graph you can post?

I'm still saying we have an issue going on. I am going to put together a datalog configuration and email it over with instructions.

Idk you'd have to drive the car to see what i'm talking about. I'm more than willing to comply with the datalogging process. I do notice in the dynograph at about 5500 RPMs the horse power starts to drop off... and then it rises again at like 6000rpms, maybe it's nothing signifigant but I thought i'd mention it.

Chris I'm still awaiting your phone call if you get a chance and as soon as I get some time (finals week this week) I'll find a way to print out the dyno sheet and post it here. Looking forward to going through with this.

Thanks Chris!

Jon

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
My bad dad. I forgot to listen to you. If you MUST stick your head up my ass and get into MY business,

I'm going to give chris the datalog after he emails me the steps

1. You posted a thread asking people into you business

2. You should have done the data log before and im sure your problems would be fixed. Thats what about 15 people told you to do. If your just tossing stacks of money ill pm you my paypal and you can send some my way

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
You're hilarious. Chris was gone for a whole week, what do you want me to do? Walk and run to college and work? You're missing the big picture I did what I had to do to get my car fixed. Coudlent datalog toll after I got my tune ( he told me about it after).

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just emailed you a .cf3 file. This is a livelink configuration file.

Park your car outside, somewhere it can idle without you dying (I have people try this inside their garage in winter with the door closed) and let it sit for maybe 4-5 hours or overnight. We want to do this datalog from a cold-start.

Have your friend download Livelink software from SCT's website onto a laptop. This is the datalogging software you will need. When it's downloaded and installed, take the laptop (with a full charge) into the car once it's good and cold. Plug your programmer in and flash it with the Bama tune (just write the same file over top of itself to get rid of any KAM memory/learned values). After it's finished installing the new tune and it asks you to press select and turn the key off, do that. Do not start it. Keep the programmer plugged in. Plug a USB cable into the computer and the other end into the bottom of the programmer. Now turn the key to accessory and start Livelink software. When it's started go to File > Open Livelink Configuration and select the .cf3 that I emailed you over. Select "Yes" when it asks whether or not it can connect to the computer to verify. Give it a few seconds and you'll see it verify the PIDs/DMRs and then a list will appear. Now we can start datalogging...

Click the green button up on the top left side. When you see the progress bar start to come across the screen on the laptop, start the car. In a few seconds, you should see all of the numbers on the screen moving, maybe lines going crazy, etc. Just let the car sit like this for 8 minutes. Do not touch the throttle. After 8 minutes of idling like that, turn the A/C on and let it sit for another two. After that, click the red button to stop the livelink software. After you click the red button, go ahead and turn off the engine. After a second, you'll see the datalog has stopped and the green button to start has reappeared. Click File > Save Datalog As and save that file. Then email it over and we'll go from there.

If I don't see anything wrong at idle that jumps out we'll go from there. I have a feeling we're going to see some weird shit though...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back