Used 2010 GT500 or New 5.0L ?

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
I am really curios over here and I need your help.

The 5.0L isnt out yet here in U.A.E and I know that motor has potential..

Its just I have this sick deal for a 2010 used GT500 which has around 6,000 miles and these mods.

Upper pulley
Lower Pulley 10% over drive
ARH Long tube headers
JLT CAI
BMR K-member
BMR A-arms
steeda anti roll sway bar
steeda LCA
Steeda UCA
sTEEDA RELO-BRACKETS
MSD 2 STEP REV LIMITER
AUTOMETER Nexus gauges ( Boost,a/f, fuel press, water temp & oil temp)
Qa1 shocks front and rear
LETHAL Performance cooling reservoir package
and AFCO 10" Dual fan heat exchanger..

Shelby made 557 rwhp on a dyno just with a custom tune and that whore is a beast.

GT500 is for $54,000

Now if I got the 5.0L ofcourse I'll put in the same mods but I'll be experiencing with a new motor that will help me out with my shop ..

For the record.. I built that GT500 for a customer and I custom tuned it.
But I feel like the 5.0l Mustang will be better ?

also another thing thats holding me back on the GT500 is that the 2011 has the E.power steering and much lighter motor which is annoying..

So please.. from experience help me out and just don't reply if u saw stuff on vids.. lol

Thanks and I appreciate it .

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I am really curios over here and I need your help.

The 5.0L isnt out yet here in U.A.E and I know that motor has potential..

Its just I have this sick deal for a 2010 used GT500 which has around 6,000 miles and these mods.

Upper pulley
Lower Pulley 10% over drive
ARH Long tube headers
JLT CAI
BMR K-member
BMR A-arms
steeda anti roll sway bar
steeda LCA
Steeda UCA
sTEEDA RELO-BRACKETS
MSD 2 STEP REV LIMITER
AUTOMETER Nexus gauges ( Boost,a/f, fuel press, water temp & oil temp)
Qa1 shocks front and rear
LETHAL Performance cooling reservoir package
and AFCO 10" Dual fan heat exchanger..

Shelby made 557 rwhp on a dyno just with a custom tune and that whore is a beast.

GT500 is for $54,000

Now if I got the 5.0L ofcourse I'll put in the same mods but I'll be experiencing with a new motor that will help me out with my shop ..

For the record.. I built that GT500 for a customer and I custom tuned it.
But I feel like the 5.0l Mustang will be better ?

also another thing thats holding me back on the GT500 is that the 2011 has the E.power steering and much lighter motor which is annoying..

So please.. from experience help me out and just don't reply if u saw stuff on vids.. lol

Thanks and I appreciate it .

if you get the 5.0 wait until they get the clutch and clutch pedal problems figured out, unless your going to replace the clutch anyways. or buy the automatic i LOVE this car but im seriously about to trade it in on an auto 5.0. a friend of mine just traded his 6mt for the auto 5.0. im SO sick of having to take this car back to the dealership for shit concerning this damn clutch.. its rediculous that they are just replacing the clutch that has just shot craps w/ the EXACT samething so it can just happen allover again!!

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
2011-ford-mustang.jpg

mixxer

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I can get you a good deal on out 2011 gt500 , call me!

Reaction score
if you can afford the 50k price tag, this is a no brainer. Get the 500 and call it a day.

ryanralston07

forum member
Reaction score
5.0...then build it and you should have more power for a cheaper price tag I'd guess...just get an aftermarket clutch in there...

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
5.0...then build it and you should have more power for a cheaper price tag I'd guess...just get an aftermarket clutch in there...
A 5.0 is probably quite a bit more expensive in the UAE than it is here in the States.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
I would still get the 5.0 sounds like that gt500 has had some use out of it if you know what I mean..

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
If you can afford the Shelby get it. At least it will hold value over the years and the 5.0 will just be another GT. The 5.0 is great but like said above wait till ford works out all the problems.

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
Well, If its ever a 5.0L i'll get it over from the U.S since I'll be saving around $ 8K ...

As for the beating the GT500 got I say yes the owner had a heavy foot.. in hot or cold weather his cars temp always was up..

I always loved the GT's more than Shelbys.. but u know that chance when you could buy the car you built with someone elses money..

Mixxer, Can you please PM me the estimates you can get me on the GT500 or 5.0L ?

And guys as for the clutch issues I already did a quick research and since stock sucks I'll get the GT500 pedal assembly and the Mcloed RXT Clutch kit. I will do these mods first thing after I test out the car.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Well, If its ever a 5.0L i'll get it over from the U.S since I'll be saving around $ 8K ...

As for the beating the GT500 got I say yes the owner had a heavy foot.. in hot or cold weather his cars temp always was up..

I always loved the GT's more than Shelbys.. but u know that chance when you could buy the car you built with someone elses money..

Mixxer, Can you please PM me the estimates you can get me on the GT500 or 5.0L ?

And guys as for the clutch issues I already did a quick research and since stock sucks I'll get the GT500 pedal assembly and the Mcloed RXT Clutch kit. I will do these mods first thing after I test out the car.

Its not as easy as replacing the parts w/ aftermarket parts though... you have to take the car back to a dealership, and have a relearn process done, and then it MIGHT not do the samething mine is doing. mine will be going BACK for the 3rd time, and getting a complete PCM reflash as well as the new clutch pedal assembly, and if im pissed off enough, my 5.0 will be sold and I will buy something else.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
shelby guys are asking why they bought a GT500, when the coyote can handle 600-700rwhp with a blower most shelby guys put on theirs anyway. and the coyote is so much lighter, it smokes the GT500 at the track.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
GT500 no doubt. I own one of each and will say the GT500 is the better vehicle by far.

Remember that the 5.4 motor has forged internals. It can handle anything you are willing to throw at it.

blacknlte

Reaction score
500, you can make stupid power with that car!!

Just look below, thats what im doing with mine!

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
GT500 no doubt. I own one of each and will say the GT500 is the better vehicle by far.

Remember that the 5.4 motor has forged internals. It can handle anything you are willing to throw at it.
Ask stkjock that...

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Ask stkjock that...

What point are you trying to make? I would recommend posting details.

The GT500 is > a 2011 GT period.

Pulley, tune, intake, stickies = take to the track and roll some 10's.
Take same car, put good tires on the stock rims and hit the road course for some redonkulous times. Repeat and rinse over and over and over and....get the point?

What parts do you think the upcoming Boss 302 has on it to make it what it is?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back