Used 2010 GT500 or New 5.0L ?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
You guys talking about resale value are clueless.

Could you be a little more specific. Which guys, what talk??

I have no clue which talk you don't agree with.

I'm pretty darn sure a GT500 sitting in a garage is going to hold value a hell of a lot more than my GT sitting in the garage if both are having no miles put on them, both the same year, same condition.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Well considering ive seen quite a few 2010 low mileage GT500s going for 40-42k. Thats well over 10k drop in value in a yr. Not sure but to me thats not holding value

I got mine for roughly $49K brand new. Considering that the 2011's are more desirable with the changes, I don't think that is bad at all and in-line with depreciation of most cars. You will see those prices hold steady over the next year.

kmracer

forum member
Reaction score
What point are you trying to make? I would recommend posting details.

The GT500 is > a 2011 GT period.

Pulley, tune, intake, stickies = take to the track and roll some 10's.
Take same car, put good tires on the stock rims and hit the road course for some redonkulous times. Repeat and rinse over and over and over and....get the point?

What parts do you think the upcoming Boss 302 has on it to make it what it is?

cold air, intake, tune, headers, and a 150 shot = 10's in a 5.0

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, and wonder which one is going to hold up the longest if you're running a 150 shot through the GT.

I am pretty positive he has no experience with either car. Like arguing with a fence post.

Reaction score
All of you are obviously misinformed. 5.0 4v NA > 5.4L 4v supercharged.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Your point is null because new vs new a 500 is more than a 1k over a 5.0. New gt500 60kish new 5.0 30kish, spend 30k on the 5.0 make them equal price tags who wins? He already state he was going to mod a 5.0 if that's what he got and I think saving the chunk of money and modding a 5.0 is the better route you don't so we simple disagree.

Your point is null and void. Re-read the OP's title. He states USED GT500 or NEW 5.0.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
...and you base that on what?
Current market values. REALISTIC current market values, not Barrett-Jackson what-if in 50 years values.

Could you be a little more specific. Which guys, what talk??

I have no clue which talk you don't agree with.

I'm pretty darn sure a GT500 sitting in a garage is going to hold value a hell of a lot more than my GT sitting in the garage if both are having no miles put on them, both the same year, same condition.

08 GT500 new - mid-high 40's
08 GT500 now, low miles - low 30's; ~ $15k depreciation

08 GT new - low-mid 30's
08 GT now, low miles - high teens; ~ $15k depreciation

My main point is that both WILL depreciate, and that basing one's decision to purchase a late model vehicle based on potential depreciation is foolish at best.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Current market values. REALISTIC current market values, not Barrett-Jackson what-if in 50 years values.

08 GT500 new - mid-high 40's
08 GT500 now, low miles - low 30's; ~ $15k depreciation

08 GT new - low-mid 30's
08 GT now, low miles - high teens; ~ $15k depreciation

My main point is that both WILL depreciate, and that basing one's decision to purchase a late model vehicle based on potential depreciation is foolish at best.

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'm basing it on the fact that most of the GT500s I see are very low miles and very mint condition vs. most of the GTs are higher miles and not so mint.

I understand that any car will drop, I just figured from what I had seen that the GT500 wouldn't drop at such a steep a curve as the GT of the same year.

I'd still take the GT500 hands down. When all is said and done it's a Shelby and the engine is known to be able to handle sick power. Plus it's already blown.

kmracer

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, and wonder which one is going to hold up the longest if you're running a 150 shot through the GT.
0_o

are you arguing that a 150 shot is going to go through motors like candy? LOL.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
0_o

are you arguing that a 150 shot is going to go through motors like candy? LOL.

That is not all all what he said.....your encroaching troll status. :asshat:

What do you drive and how much experience do you have? You haven't contributed a damn thing to this forum besides posting a load of opinion...

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score

Shelby made 557 rwhp on a dyno just with a custom tune and that whore is a beast.

GT500 is for $54,000
So you are saying that used 550rwhp is better than new 400ISH!!!!!rwhp for 20k less?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Yea you 2 are right my arguement is completely null and void because he is paying MORE than MSRP for a used 500...

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
So you are saying that used 550rwhp is better than new 400ISH!!!!!rwhp for 20k less?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Yea you 2 are right my arguement is completely null and void because he is paying MORE than MSRP for a used 500...

But you know that the GT500 has lots of suspensiion mods and few boltons right ?

Also I talked to the GT500 owner and he took off 4k outa his price.

If only the GT500 had an aluminum block, I wouldnt even think..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back