VMP TVS install (pics)

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.lethalperformance.com/07...igh-impedance-fuel-injectors-set-of-8-p-17814
Bosch 72lb fuel injectors...these come from Bosch as 72lb'ers specifically for the GT500

And yes, theoretically, it wouldn't be a big deal if you were just swapping out disks...however, in actuality, the vast majority of places do not swap out disks. They take the disks out and 're-drill' the holes in them. Not all the holes end up being uniform in size, some holes end up too close together....too many variables. I'd rather have something that comes as it was designed straight from the manufacturer. :). Personal opinion

vnmous1

Gentleman & Scholar
Official Vendor
Reaction score
DrTriton - I will not lie, I do not know the full history behind the TVS. I had the understanding it was mostly created by Eaton. Honestly though, if Eaton supplied the rotating group, then Roush did what....design the case? The point of that post was just to say that VMP wasn't a factor in the initial creation of the TVS.

We didn't design or build it....we just make it better. :clap:

People have been porting TVS blowers for some time. The difference is that we have it done to our specs during the manufacturing process. In addition, it's CNC port matched to our higher flow elbow and the snout has been honed down for a press-fit of our 2.5" pulley or our new press-fit hub that allows quick changes of pullies from 2.5 to 3".

You'll note in the interview with the folks at Ford at the '13 unveiling that a few things were mentioned that we certainly took note of:

The TVS' inlet size was increased from that of the 2.3L TVS that's been available through Ford Racing (factory "port job") and the elbow is of increased capacity as well.

Imagine that! :highfive:

bj

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score

People have been porting TVS blowers for some time. The difference is that we have it done to our specs during the manufacturing process. In addition, it's CNC port matched to our higher flow elbow and the snout has been honed down for a press-fit of our 2.5" pulley or our new press-fit hub that allows quick changes of pullies from 2.5 to 3".

You'll note in the interview with the folks at Ford at the '13 unveiling that a few things were mentioned that we certainly took note of:

The TVS' inlet size was increased from that of the 2.3L TVS that's been available through Ford Racing (factory "port job") and the elbow is of increased capacity as well.

bj

If you look back through my posts, I praised you very highly! I believe you did a great job! Just trying to set the record straight as possible...

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Well, tonight I finally buttoned up the installation of my VMP TVS Supercharger. I installed the VMP TVS w/2.5 pulley (interchangable) and VMP elbow, FRPP twin 65mm throttle body, JLT 123mm Big Air plastic intake, and I had my stock injectors modified to flow 72lb/hr.

This thing makes tons of torque down low, and pulls like a champ up top too. Really impressed. Heading to the dyno next week to make sure the A/F is good and I dont need to add a BAP. Cant wait to get the suspension/driveshaft installed and get to the track!

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! Just wanto throw a suggestion out...measure the inner diameter of you JLT to verify it is correct. My buddy has an 09 GT500 he just installed last weekend....car wasn't idling right. Come to find out, even though he ordered the new 127mm CF JLT he received a 110mm. Didn't know til he measured it! Only even had an idea because Jon Lund tuned it, and said the maf numbers didn't look right.

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
That's awesome man, can't wait to hear what you are putting down!!!

I'm kinda curious too. Went from dead hooking from a second gear roll on drag radials to completely blowing the tires off on the initial test drive on the 91 octane tune. It made 553/568 at the wheels with the eaton, so I am hoping to have picked up 125 at the tires.

Nice! Just wanto throw a suggestion out...measure the inner diameter of you JLT to verify it is correct. My buddy has an 09 GT500 he just installed last weekend....car wasn't idling right. Come to find out, even though he ordered the new 127mm CF JLT he received a 110mm. Didn't know til he measured it! Only even had an idea because Jon Lund tuned it, and said the maf numbers didn't look right.

I upgraded from the 110mm to the 123mm plastic JLT. It is amazing how much larger it is then the 110mm was. If I was to break my leg I could probably wear that thing as a cast... it is huge!

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's what...4.5-5"? I have the whipple 123mm
My buddy didn't order from JLT, just to make that clear...he ordered thru another place that messed up the order.
Just make sure you record the dyno!
I need to post up my recent one. 702.88rwhp, 655.XXrwtq

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Those are some nice numbers! What all is done to your car besides the Whipple? I want to end up over the 700rwhp range, but I dont think I will get there without headers.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have headers yet...hehe :)

I'll post up a list later tonight...you want everything that contributed to power, or eeeeeeverything?

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Whipple 2.9L w 3" pulley (dyno showed 18.93lbs of boost)
L&M dual 66mm TB
Whipple 123mm CAI
Bosch 72lb Fuel Injectors
Kenne Bell Dual BAP
H&M 'The Tank' HE/Radiator Expansion Tank
AFCO dual fan HE
Dynotech AL DS
Reiche 160deg Thermostat
O/R H-pipe w/ FRPP Borla Stinger Cat-Back
Jon Lund tune

Think that's all for for straight power...

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Cool man! Thats about what I have done to my car, only real differences being the blower and I have an IW 10% balancer. If I am on a generous dyno I might hit my goal then.. that is of course if the A/F holds without the BAP. I got a feeling it wont though

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I started running short of fuel above 650ish without the BAP. As for the blower...19lbs is 19lbs. 2.9L might be a little more efficient...but that'll means it generates less heat. I dyno'ed mine on a cooler day, last Saturday...in GA is was in the 60s, with 100%+ humidity (raining), and I still got it. So I'd definitely say there's hope, but you'll need a dual BAP.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I upgraded from the 110mm to the 123mm plastic JLT. It is amazing how much larger it is then the 110mm was. If I was to break my leg I could probably wear that thing as a cast... it is huge!

A.K.A. the "Ray Charles" CIA.

DrTriton

Reaction score

bj

The reason the original Ford Racing TVS supercharger inlet was kept at the factory size was to allow guys to bolt their factory adaptor/throttle body to the TVS housing. This allowed the FR supercharger to be a bolt-on upgrade (with revised cal.).

When the 2013 Shelby came along there was an opportunity to re-tool that adaptor and open the inlet up to improve flow. It's as simple as that.

proxemics

forum member
Reaction score
I'm keeping a close eye to this thread.
Interesting info in here
Hope you reach your goal man.

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
I'm keeping a close eye to this thread.
Interesting info in here
Hope you reach your goal man.

Thanks.. I hope I get there too. I haven't updated in a little while.

I went ahead and ordered a BAP, I figure that even IF I dont need it right now (but I have the feeling I will), I will need it in the future with any more modifications, so I just went ahead and ordered it. When that gets here I am going to wire it up, slap in the 1pc. aluminum DS, and head to the dyno.

I also have some BMR suspension pieces to put on with a fresh set of drag radials, and then I will head to the track and see what happens.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Steve, I'm sure you'll find that the BAP Was a good investment. Hoping good things for you! When's the best headed to the dyno?

Unfortunately the wife has said no more majoy mods for me for a while...so lately I've been working on small projects. Did an antenna delete with a hidden, amplified antenna. Right now I'm working on a hidden radar detector. I've gotten it hard wired in, and modified the connector so that there a red light that lights in the center of the dash when it goes off. Also have a mute feature wired in. You activate it with the "on" button of the cruise control.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back