VMP TVS install (pics)

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I too can't wait to see your numbers.. When Justin did my setup last May I brought a 65mm cj TB with me and a set of 72lb injectors... After talking with Justin I decided to just keep my stock TB and injectors.. I wasn't disappointed with the results either
At 100 degrees here in Fla
Justin was able to get my 08 dialed in at 676rwhp and 666lb torque
This thing has over 500+++ lbs torque at 2k rpm
I always wondered where I would be if I added the new injectors and tb??
My only other mod at that time was a high flow catted x pipe
Now since I have added a c&r racing heat exchanger .. But other than that rest is stock
So pretty happy for sure almost one year later

Can't wait to see your results !!!

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Well.... I FINALLY made it to the dyno today. Heres the video of the best pull (713 rwhp/707 rwtq)

Boozshey

Reaction score
Damn, that's awesome. I need to get my bitch back to the Dyno now that the BAP's installed!!!

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Steve-O., I just installed your old 110 JLT, pulley, plugs and tune last weekend. It rocks out compared to stock, as you well know. Going to get it dynoed this weekend, then I'm going to install the Reval H/E and front/rear suspension the following weekend.

I'm sure I'll be hunting down a TVS soon. You're not on a built short block, correct? No worries with the power you're making?

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Steve-O., I just installed your old 110 JLT, pulley, plugs and tune last weekend. It rocks out compared to stock, as you well know. Going to get it dynoed this weekend, then I'm going to install the Reval H/E and front/rear suspension the following weekend.

I'm sure I'll be hunting down a TVS soon. You're not on a built short block, correct? No worries with the power you're making?

Hey man! glad to hear you got everything put on. Its crazy how much those simple mods pick up a stock car. My engine is completely stock... the valve covers have never been off the thing. With the 2.5 pulley and 10% lower it is making 20 psi. The A/F readings were spot on, even on the super conservative tune it made 683 with a 11.3 A/F. I have no real concerns with the power level, and I cant say enough about the VMP TVS blower. The thing just falls into place on the engine, and it makes gobs of power. To do the blower/TB/CAI/injectors wouldn't take but maybe 2 hours from start to finish if you are pretty decent with a wrench.

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey man! glad to hear you got everything put on. Its crazy how much those simple mods pick up a stock car. My engine is completely stock... the valve covers have never been off the thing. With the 2.5 pulley and 10% lower it is making 20 psi. The A/F readings were spot on, even on the super conservative tune it made 683 with a 11.3 A/F. I have no real concerns with the power level, and I cant say enough about the VMP TVS blower. The thing just falls into place on the engine, and it makes gobs of power. To do the blower/TB/CAI/injectors wouldn't take but maybe 2 hours from start to finish if you are pretty decent with a wrench.

Agree 100% on VMP TVS!! It rocks
Congrats again!!

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Agree 100% on VMP TVS!! It rocks
Congrats again!!

Thanks.. I really think VMP hit a homerun with this blower. I was amazed at how easy it was to put on. I was talking about it to someone the other day... spend two or three hours bolting on the VMP TVS, TB, CAI, and injectors, and be rewarded with around a 250 RWHP increase over stock. Man I love thse cars!

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Let me know when you're selling all your new parts for cheap, and I'll buy those too!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Looks good....we just put one on a buddy's 03 cobra a few weeks ago. Inlet finally arrived and he seen the dyno last friday. They definitely make some power!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back