We going to ever change the front page or do a COTM?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea.. we will get to it. Kim has been pretty busy lately with a couple of different ideas on changing the board around and that just sort of fell on to the back burner. Plus his neck surgery gave him a bad case of drag ass (pain meds and a walker to be specific).

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
LOL, I got your damn walker old man!

Yes, still trying to figure out the main page. Most likely it will turn into more of a intro page that will have a pic of the cotm and a link to enter the forums. 95% of people on here bookmark the board and don't even look at the main page, so I figured i'd just give it a new look with the cotm and a link to the boards. Hopefully I get to it soon, really starting to feel better, but I swear i've forgotten 99% of what I know when it comes to html...lol.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I go straight to my user CP, so not sure I'd see a COTM unless it was in a hot thread.
If I do the main page the way I am thinking, there will be a new category on the forum just for the COTM's, so people can check them out. Maybe the COTM will get a set of decals or something also.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...95% of people on here bookmark the board and don't even look at the main page...

Exactly. However, anyone seeing the S197FORUM.COM decals would go there first and right now it looks like it hasn't been updated since June of last year. :beerchug2: just a heads-up...

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
Exactly. However, anyone seeing the S197FORUM.COM decals would go there first and right now it looks like it hasn't been updated since June of last year. :beerchug2: just a heads-up...

best point so far! Needs a nice sexy car upfront or would change monthly going back to the COTM idea.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
It's most likely going to be an all black screen, with the cotm in the center with some kind of border around the photo, then the forum name and a "click here to enter" link below. Plain, simple and should look decent.....hopefully.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
It's most likely going to be an all black screen, with the cotm in the center with some kind of border around the photo, then the forum name and a "click here to enter" link below. Plain, simple and should look decent.....hopefully.
As long as you don't post pics from your penis surgery, I'll be OK with whatever you do.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Sounds like someone is volunteering to be part time web master

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well guys, ask and you shall receive. For those of you who haven't visited the forum's home page in a while, give it a look

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL I clicked on my link in my favorites just as always and thought I went to the wrong place! Page looks great, its nice to see something different!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL I clicked on my link in my favorites just as always and thought I went to the wrong place! Page looks great, its nice to see something different!

+1.....looks great! nice and simple. thanks!!:thumb::beerchug2:

anyway we could possibly get more info on the C.O.T.M?......like maybe some small info right below the picture or even a link that would take us to some info about the car. just a suggestion.......but still looks great!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
anyway we could possibly get more info on the C.O.T.M?......like maybe some small info right below the picture or even a link that would take us to some info about the car. just a suggestion.......but still looks great!
Patients queenie.. patients.
Hell, that car doesn't even exist anymore. But yes, the whole point of COTM is to pick a car and do a write up on said vehicle. Not just put a picture on the home page.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Patients queenie.. patients.
Hell, that car doesn't even exist anymore. But yes, the whole point of COTM is to pick a car and do a write up on said vehicle. Not just put a picture on the home page.
:thumb:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We shoulda used a more "recent" picture of Paul's car for the picture. One post body modification

Sideimpactdamage.jpg

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LMAO, Thats funny Hawg I was thinking about that when I saw Pauls car on the home page. Time for the Resurection!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back