Went Back To The Track Sunday, BIG Improvements!!

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
maybe a cracked or broken PCV valve. a lot of things actually. a little bit is nothing to worry about, but if its really frothy then id start to see why the crank case is getting pressure.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
and while a steel crank and rods are a good idea when you want to spin the rpm on up there, like fdjizm said it will be your stock valvetrain that will be the limiting factor on where you need to shift.

besides, you need to verify where your cars makes peak power. if 6500 is a good rpm (which sounds like it is), then 7k is just beating up your valvetrain and motor and not really accomplishing anything.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
maybe a cracked or broken PCV valve. a lot of things actually. a little bit is nothing to worry about, but if its really frothy then id start to see why the crank case is getting pressure.

its only frothy around the oil cap area. there was a few very tiny bubbles on the dipstick...

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
and while a steel crank and rods are a good idea when you want to spin the rpm on up there, like fdjizm said it will be your stock valvetrain that will be the limiting factor on where you need to shift.

besides, you need to verify where your cars makes peak power. if 6500 is a good rpm (which sounds like it is), then 7k is just beating up your valvetrain and motor and not really accomplishing anything.

i made a thread on my dyno can you go look and tell me if you think i am making power up high? it looked like my rwhp was still climbing when we stopped...

here it is..

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44229

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The froth is fine/normal. The oil fill tube is so close to the cam phaser there is alot of air/oil movement there with the breather, this happened to me too.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
i made a thread on my dyno can you go look and tell me if you think i am making power up high? it looked like my rwhp was still climbing when we stopped...

here it is..

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44229
based on that chart i wouldnt shift any higher than 6500.

but 120+mph is a damn good trap speed...you started at 116 and went all the way up to 120 thats good.

but remember, blower cars are sensitive to weather. you had a nice cool evening...go back when its warmer and things can change.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
based on that chart i wouldnt shift any higher than 6500.

but 120+mph is a damn good trap speed...you started at 116 and went all the way up to 120 thats good.

but remember, blower cars are sensitive to weather. you had a nice cool evening...go back when its warmer and things can change.

if i had a short shifter, and get my 60 ft down to 1.8, i could probably run 12.0 @ 124

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
probably not, if you get a 1.8X 60' you will most likely lose a few MPH.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
if i had a short shifter, and get my 60 ft down to 1.8, i could probably run 12.0 @ 124
idk if your mph would go up that much higher...id say the mph youre at is about as good as youre gonna get. but yes, with a good 60ft and some better shifting your car should go 11s easy.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Plus if you get a 1.8X 60' you will go way quiker than a 12.0.

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
^ i have a best of 1.73 on my fuzion street tires.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
will nitto nt555's allow for a 1.8?

Its doable with pratice, my friend cuts consistent 1.8's on nitto 555 street tires. He has perfected a 3K rpm slip on his setup. His best was a 1.77! and this is on 275/40/17. Better driver than me thats for sure, i have yet to get a sub 2 sec 60ft :( lol

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
thanks man! hey based on my 120 mph trap, if i get my launch a little better, and a short shifter, is 12.2 ish possible?

I only trap 113-114, and I run high 11's (with a best of 11.79), so with the right traction, launch, and shifting, there's no reason you couldn't run mid 11's.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score

Your trap speed won't go up that high and will likely hover in the 118-120 range (depending on weather). With a proper drag radial or slick, there's no reason you can't run 1.7's to the sixty foot. I have much less power than you, I have a lazy automatic, launch at 4800 rpm's, and I run high 1.6's and low 1.7's. I expect you could easily match that with the right tires.

Your car should really be able to run 11.30's based on your 120 trap speed. It's all in the launch now.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
Your trap speed won't go up that high and will likely hover in the 118-120 range (depending on weather). With a proper drag radial or slick, there's no reason you can't run 1.7's to the sixty foot. I have much less power than you, I have a lazy automatic, launch at 4800 rpm's, and I run high 1.6's and low 1.7's. I expect you could easily match that with the right tires.

Your car should really be able to run 11.30's based on your 120 trap speed. It's all in the launch now.

thats good to know, so i have enough to take a stock zo6, all i have to do is perfect my launch.

i was thinking about slipping the clutch to prevent spin, also dont forget i also have a stock 93k mile clutch lol

also is it possible the offset on my rims are hurting my time?

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
thats good to know, so i have enough to take a stock zo6, all i have to do is perfect my launch.

i was thinking about slipping the clutch to prevent spin, also dont forget i also have a stock 93k mile clutch lol

From a dig yes, most of the Corvette drivers can not launch those cars very well....weird clutch and a very tall 1st gear. But from a roll 120 mph traps will have you sucking C6 Z06 exhaust.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score

Slipping the clutch is somewhat mandatory I'd say. You're making too much power just to dump it from 6500.

If you're going to let your wheels go, let me know. I was too slow on HPJ, and it's the ones my better half wants/needs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back