Went Back To The Track Sunday, BIG Improvements!!

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
i cant believe a cam, and exhaust give the z06 100rwhp gain thats insane....

i am going to get a good firm tune, not aggressive but not weak, its going to be safe enough to last, so its reliable and last's. pretty much just building internals for insurance, and upping the boost.

Yeah 100 rwhp is easy....pretty much all the LSx engines will do 100 rwhp cam only and 150 rwhp or more with head / cam and bolt ons. Peak power is only part of the story though.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Not quite, all a good et means is you can launch the car really well and shift fast. Your trap speed is a true measure of how fast your car is.

For example you take at 330-350rwhp na car running low 12 et's (faster than your mid 12) but at any kind of roll race or highway pull you will murder them. Thats where tap speed/power really shines.

Theres a local guy with a termi cobra making 800wrwhp took it to the 1/4 mile and ran like a 13 with no traction and slow shifting etc. But he would straight rape you if you tried to mess with him on the highway.

I like how this man thinks, I look at trap because it tells me what the car is " capable " of.....there are a lot of 14 second drivers in 12 second cars. After looking at time slips for a while you can tell exactly where a car is strong by looking at all of the numbers.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like how this man thinks, I look at trap because it tells me what the car is " capable " of.....there are a lot of 14 second drivers in 12 second cars. After looking at time slips for a while you can tell exactly where a car is strong by looking at all of the numbers.

Yup. I learned the same thing from time slips as well. I may have only been able to run an 8.1-8.2 in the 1/8 mile with my setup as i had a hard time launching it with bad 60fts. But i was trapping 96-98mph in the 1/8! That lets me know how fast the car really is and im happy with that. With the way turbos pull past the the 1/8 i know my car would have easily trapped 125+mph in the 1/4 at that level. And If i have the balls to run it at 15psi with out f'n up the tranny or rearend she will easily trap 130+. Oh and my car weighs over 4,000 lbs with me in it.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Yup. I learned the same thing from time slips as well. I may have only been able to run an 8.1-8.2 in the 1/8 mile with my setup as i had a hard time launching it with bad 60fts. But i was trapping 96-98mph in the 1/8! That lets me know how fast the car really is and im happy with that. With the way turbos pull past the the 1/8 i know my car would have easily trapped 125+mph in the 1/4 at that level. And If i have the balls to run it at 15psi with out f'n up the tranny or rearend she will easily trap 130+. Oh and my car weighs over 4,000 lbs with me in it.

130 mph traps indicate a car " capable " of running 10's....and that is enough to be able to beat 95% of the street cars out there. " IF " you know how to run your race and you know how to run your car.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
130 mph traps indicate a car " capable " of running 10's....and that is enough to be able to beat 95% of the street cars out there. " IF " you know how to run your race and you know how to run your car.

Yeah I will probably never see a 10 because its 99% a street car and I dont launch hard and beat on it at the track but (stock trans and rear).

I found my sweet spots lol. 2nd gear at 40mph and 65mph on the highway 3rd gear, still scares me. By the time I step on it to go wot, immediately hear full spool, make sure i have traction/car is pointed the right direction, I look down to check the rpms and its time to shift to 4th and im going 100+mph. :)

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I will probably never see a 10 because its 99% a street car and I dont launch hard and beat on it at the track but (stock trans and rear).

I found my sweet spots lol. 2nd gear at 40mph and 65mph on the highway 3rd gear, still scares me. By the time I step on it to go wot, immediately hear full spool, make sure i have traction/car is pointed the right direction, I look down to check the rpms and its time to shift to 4th and im going 100+mph. :)

In my C5 it was a 65 or 70 roll.....hold on for dear life....ride out the sideways motions and wheelspin....in 2nd gear...hit 3rd about 100 mph and most of the time anyone close is just a distant memory...LOL. Freeway wheel spin, is there anything better on planet earth?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In my C5 it was a 65 or 70 roll.....hold on for dear life....ride out the sideways motions and wheelspin....in 2nd gear...hit 3rd about 100 mph and most of the time anyone close is just a distant memory...LOL. Freeway wheel spin, is there anything better on planet earth?

Haha yeah breaking tires loose on the highway is quite a blast, what makes it so much fun is its easier to control because it doesnt get as squirrely like launching or a 1-2 shift.

I down shifted to 2nd gear once on a roll race against a bike shortly after leaving a stoplight, was going about 35mph. After the downshift I was instantly spinning, tires squealing, and I was able to feather the the gas just enough to maintain the peel all the way to redline in second, he was at my door and then I did the he backed off lol That was an awesome feeling!

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Haha yeah breaking tires loose on the highway is quite a blast, what makes it so much fun is its easier to control because it doesnt get as squirrely like launching or a 1-2 shift.

I down shifted to 2nd gear once on a roll race against a bike shortly after leaving a stoplight, was going about 35mph. After the downshift I was instantly spinning, tires squealing, and I was able to feather the the gas just enough to maintain the peel all the way to redline in second, he was at my door and then I did the he backed off lol That was an awesome feeling!

A warning tail wag is usually enough to let someone know to back off...especially at freeway speeds!

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
damn your a good driver to launch that well, however you trap 113, and i trap 121, therefore it might not catch me.

if you were driving my car, it might not ever catch you hahaha.

LSx man.

Cams +full exhaust net LS3 and L99 100+rwhp.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
damn your a good driver to launch that well, however you trap 113, and i trap 121, therefore it might not catch me.

if you were driving my car, it might not ever catch you hahaha.

I'd love to take credit for awesome driving, but I have an automatic, suspension that works right, and sticky tires so I just heat the tires, put it in drive, and the car does the rest.

With Z06's trapping 125+, they'll be catching you at the traps, sorry to say. Get your 60' times down and stock Z06's won't have a chance against you.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
He has a very good setup, and is a good driver....a stalled auto with gears is pretty much the perfect drag setup!

It's all in the setup, as you noted. My driving is okay, but the setup is where it's at. I chose mods that would complement each other and work in the same rpm band (4500 to 6500 rpm's).

I can drive a stick shift better than average at the dragstrip, but I've only made money at the track with automatics, so that's why my '07 GT is the first automatic I've owned (after owning 5 stick shift Mustangs).

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Freeway wheel spin, is there anything better on planet earth?

Very entertaining indeed, but like LightBlade said, you've gotta be sure you're pointing in the right direction. Every once in awhile, I still get tirespin when I don't expect it, especially on upshifts. Having an automatic means I'm not controlling the upshifts, so I had the line pressure turned down about to reduce the likelihood of breaking them loose on the freeway.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back