Went Back To The Track Sunday, BIG Improvements!!

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
From a dig yes, most of the Corvette drivers can not launch those cars very well....weird clutch and a very tall 1st gear. But from a roll 120 mph traps will have you sucking C6 Z06 exhaust.

so what your saying is that i have no chance from a roll, or that my traps are high enough to where i will be on his ass the whole way?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He means the z06 will have the edge at a highway pull and will walk you. Z06's are dirty bishes at highway rolls 70mph+.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
so what your saying is that i have no chance from a roll, or that my traps are high enough to where i will be on his ass the whole way?

Also don't run into one with a DR and someone who knows how to drive one, it will yank you nasty from a dig too. But most of the people driving them are running them stock and its very difficult to get one off the line as well as a Mustang does. But from a roll 125-128 mph traps mean you will be pulled by at least a bus length or two.

The rule of thumb usually for S197's is that it will take about 100 more rwhp than them to pull one cleanly from a higher roll.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They dyno 430-440 rwhp usually....

Yup yup.

I agree with your 100rwhp statement that puts the power to weight ratios closer.

But its going ot be easier with a turbo since power for power a turbo will trap higher than a blower.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Yup yup.

I agree with your 100rwhp statement that puts the power to weight ratios closer.

But its going ot be easier with a turbo since power for power a turbo will trap higher than a blower.

Plus Turbo's make more power per lb of boost than..............ANY OTHER POWER ADDER!

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
i am having a build done in janauray or february.
what will this setup yield me? here is how its going to be built.

forged crank, cp forged pistons, eagle H beams, arp headstuds, v10 water pump pulley, high flow oil pump, 60lb injectors, gt500 pumps.

i will be running a 3.0 pulley, maybe a 2.8 if its safe, and 9.4:1 compression ratio.

i will be also adding a gt500 throttle body, and porting the blower intake plenium to match.

so what would this make rough estimate? with 3.0 pulley, and with 2.8?

i am also thinking about a 5.0 stroker build too.

so once my build is done in january, i should be able to get them?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plus Turbo's make more power per lb of boost than..............ANY OTHER POWER ADDER!

:thumb:

i am having a build done in janauray or february.
what will this setup yield me? here is how its going to be built.

forged crank, cp forged pistons, eagle H beams, arp headstuds, v10 water pump pulley, high flow oil pump, 60lb injectors, gt500 pumps.

i will be running a 3.0 pulley, maybe a 2.8 if its safe, and 9.4:1 compression ratio.

i will be also adding a gt500 throttle body, and porting the blower intake plenium to match.

so what would this make rough estimate? with 3.0 pulley, and with 2.8?

i am also thinking about a 5.0 stroker build too.

so once my build is done in january, i should be able to get them?

Easily make 550rwhp with that setup. 550rwhp on the street is ridiculous.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
so a cammed z06 would still walk me, even with 550+ rwhp, i was hoping for 570 rwhp.

You most likely won't run into one, but they will do 550-600 rwhp full exhaust and cam only....and 700 rwhp with boost. But damn at 550 rwhp you will most likely not run into a car that is faster if you know how to run your race and drive your car well.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
From a dig yes, most of the Corvette drivers can not launch those cars very well....weird clutch and a very tall 1st gear. But from a roll 120 mph traps will have you sucking C6 Z06 exhaust.

+1. I've raced more than a few Z06's at our local dragstrips. I always tree them, I get to the 1/8 mile first, but then they're coming up fast in my mirrors as they trap near 125 mph. Sometimes they beat me, sometimes they don't; it all depends on how bad I tree them. But, if the track were 200 feet longer, they'd beat me every time.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so a cammed z06 would still walk me, even with 550+ rwhp, i was hoping for 570 rwhp.

Theres always something faster.

You most likely won't run into one, but they will do 550-600 rwhp full exhaust and cam only....and 700 rwhp with boost. But damn at 550 rwhp you will most likely not run into a car that is faster if you know how to run your race and drive your car well.

Yup Yup. Or just a z06 with a 100 shot, absolutely nasty.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score

i cant believe a cam, and exhaust give the z06 100rwhp gain thats insane....

i am going to get a good firm tune, not aggressive but not weak, its going to be safe enough to last, so its reliable and last's. pretty much just building internals for insurance, and upping the boost.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
+1. I've raced more than a few Z06's at our local dragstrips. I always tree them, I get to the 1/8 mile first, but then they're coming up fast in my mirrors as they trap near 125 mph. Sometimes they beat me, sometimes they don't; it all depends on how bad I tree them. But, if the track were 200 feet longer, they'd beat me every time.

damn your a good driver to launch that well, however you trap 113, and i trap 121, therefore it might not catch me.

if you were driving my car, it might not ever catch you hahaha.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn your a good driver to launch that well, however you trap 113, and i trap 121, therefore it might not catch me.

Not quite, all a good et means is you can launch the car really well and shift fast. Your trap speed is a true measure of how fast your car is.

For example you take at 330-350rwhp na car running low 12 et's (faster than your mid 12) but at any kind of roll race or highway pull you will murder them. Thats where tap speed/power really shines.

Theres a local guy with a termi cobra making 800wrwhp took it to the 1/4 mile and ran like a 13 with no traction and slow shifting etc. But he would straight rape you if you tried to mess with him on the highway.

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score

He has a very good setup, and is a good driver....a stalled auto with gears is pretty much the perfect drag setup!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back