What a Surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Well I just got home , picked up my car from My Buddy Willie's Shop MAK Performance , after a bunch of changes to the set up.
Car sounds amazing now I just need to tune it check a few things out , has a small miss.
Anyway I get a call from another buddy Hector and he says " Dude there's a picture of your car in the new MMFF Magazine . I told him oh yea its probably from the True Street competition .
So I walk in the door grab my magazine and no surprises the Magazine screwed up the hole True Street article , They posted the other car won with a 10.000 which was a screw up at the races . Hard to understand 3 months after the race they still cant get the story right ?
Well at least in this months Race Pages they had it right ?
Ok so Here's the surprise, on page 142 there's a picture of my car doing a nice little rolling burn out . The funny thing is I dont have those products on the car , I have custom made Bogarts.

Can anyone scan the page and send it to me as an e-mail , or post it ?

Pete

Last edited:

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
I hate that mag. Its no surprise they fucked that up. And wait a min....are you saying that they photoshopped some images onto your car? Now thats fucked up!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I hate that mag. Its no surprise they fucked that up. And wait a min....are you saying that they photoshopped some images onto your car? Now thats fucked up!

No there's a picture of my car side shot doing a burnout , and they are promoting some rear Brake rotors which I dont use .

Pete

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I see it. Unless somebody beats me to it I'll scan and post it in the morning.

The text that goes with the picture reads: "The rear brakes of the S197 Mustang limit wheel size since smaller wheels won't clear the stock clipers. With JMS Chip and Performance's 15-inch brake kit, running 15-inch rear wheels is no poblem."

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
hmmmm...i didnt think our cars had a problem in the rear with 15" wheels?

hit em pete, tell them they need to send you a rear kit!!

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
isnt the problem with rear wheels a swaybar relocation not the brakes?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
no where did they say that on YOUR car the brakes were installed.
just that its difficult to use 15's with your stock brakes...
They just used your picture to show a car with 15's.
i dont see a problem.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I don't see a problem either. They're not saying you have their kit, they're showing an S197 with 15 rear wheels. It is a bit misleading, but there's no truth in advertising these days anyway.

For reference though, the problem, as most know already, is the position of the caliper and the depth of the rotor "hat". The stock rotor has no depth, so the caliper sits too far outward and will hit just about every 15 wheel option we have. In the pics of that kit, you can see those rotors have a lot more depth which would position the caliper further inward allowing more wheel options like Welds.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
no where did they say that on YOUR car the brakes were installed.
just that its difficult to use 15's with your stock brakes...
They just used your picture to show a car with 15's.
i dont see a problem.

I never said that I thought it would be a problem . Im just surprised at the fact that out of all the cars in Bradenton that weekend that mine is the picture they chose.
It is a bit misleading though because they are showing my car with 15" wheels , which fit perfect , but I didn't use there product to do it.
Just bought some custom Bogarts and thats it . Plus I benefit in braking power by keeping the larger diameter rotors.

Its a nice picture I wonder if they can let me keep a copy of the original .

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
hmmmm...i didnt think our cars had a problem in the rear with 15" wheels?

hit em pete, tell them they need to send you a rear kit!!

Forget the kit they should give me 5% of the gp on every kit sold ! Hahahahah.

It looks like a good product just dont need it !

Pete

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
advertising is a big fuck up these days anyways. nothing could be further from the truth than what "they" present.

anyways, im glad you got some exposure, its a wicked picture!

i think they should give you a deal on the brake kit or something!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back