What color to paint calipers?

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked but I can find anything I'm looking for (yes I used the search function).....

What color calipers should I paint my brembo kona blue 5.0?

There's always red and black, but I feel it is overdone, but always a nice outcome.
Been contemplating either "burnt copper" (saw another forum member do this) or "gold flake." Any suggestions would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
0.jpg

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
That green is a little much for me, but do like the burnt copper look....just unsure if it would look weird on my kona blue car

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
After having mine Red for the longest time, it was starting to take away from the car. Took them off and did them almost a satin black and it looks way better than red. But I do like the burnt copper. I just have the standard GT brakes though so nothing to paint a screaming color about on them lol

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
My old 08 were painted red and love it but that was a black car.

Those guys look legit but I'm gonna paint and cure them myself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
black car with red calipers is nice looking and it flows well, red on silver after a while just killed me and I honestly didn't like it so on a spare day I redid them black and changed all banjo washers which should be done anyways when taken off.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
My burnt copper. I like it more I look at them.
13808239114_ee594cf556_z.jpg

But If I could do it again, I'd do something like this. But it'd be hard to find this color.
brakes4.jpg

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, yours is the one I saw and inspired me to do the copper! Very nice DIY btw. Think it'll look good on my darker car?

It will look good on any color. I think its standard brake color on GTR and some of the Mercedes. But l as I mentioned in my DIY thread, VHT high temp paint isnt really chemical resistance like they advertise. Brake fluid ate right thru the clear coat. And even brake cleaner made it dull when I tried to wipe them down. Good thing it was the back side so no one can see. They are only heat resistance so they won't flake. Only proper way to do this is to powder coat.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back