What color to paint calipers?

shelbie67

forum member
Reaction score
It will look good on any color. I think its standard brake color on GTR and some of the Mercedes. But l as I mentioned in my DIY thread, VHT high temp paint isnt really chemical resistance like they advertise. Brake fluid ate right thru the clear coat. And even brake cleaner made it dull when I tried to wipe them down. Good thing it was the back side so no one can see. They are only heat resistance so they won't flake. Only proper way to do this is to powder coat.

Ya it is, but I don't have another car so VHT is my only option! But I've had success with it in the past. Did ok bleeding them without spilling last time so hope I can do that again when I decide on a color. So for burnt copper is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I did VHT from autozone on my calipers. Took all of like five minutes for the brake fluid to eat through it lol.

I then got them powdercoated and love it.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I used acrylic enamel paint and just brake fluid in the same room ate through all my beautiful work. Looks phenmomenal.... until you bleed the brakes. LOL!!:roflmao:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
im checking these guys out to do my brembos. they did the rtr-x and Vaughn gittins drift car as well as a few other high profile drifters

http://liquidpowdercoats.com/

My burnt copper. I like it more I look at them.

But If I could do it again, I'd do something like this. But it'd be hard to find this color.
brakes4.jpg

the link I posted has a huge selection of colors. im thinking im doing mine in psycho green

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Why not try and match Kona Blue with powdercoat?

I had mine powdercoated Grabber Blue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 28

-PmP-

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, I really like those burnt copper ones. I have a Deep Impact Blue myself.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back