What have you done to your mustang today?

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Added thicker isolators for my rear swings to give me just enough spacing so my tires don't rub on the rear fender wells. Just waiting on bolts to put the new BMR panhard bar in so I can get it squared up. Also did a little buffing on the newly painted parts.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well removed 15-20 outtings worth of rubber from the rear wheels and qtr area that the normal car wash doesn't remove each outing- Rubber all gone and some paint as well- not happy but the bright side the rocker panels on both sides will be freshly painted and nick free after this-smh- when the rocker panel(s) are getting painted I will do a full paint detailing which is way way over due that is for sure- Drove the 30 some mile round trip and filled her up(e-85) plus 6.5 gallons in the can made the round trip in 40 mins even. Also register for the Indy Air Strip Attack(1/2 mile race) for August 20th at 1 am this morning. Should be a good time

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Stopped by the ford dealership body shop today and had them remove my rockers to repaint them- car looks like a dog with out it's collar on- should be done first of next week and will drop it off for a few days to have some minor touch ups done and the air bag recall done-.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice. I love a detailed vehicle. Makes you feel good....important....like a first class seat in a plane every time you drive.

What's the plan to prevent from happening again? Masking tape?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
1st thing is not to use a 3100 psi pressure washer hooked to a 155-160degree water source- and I will probably treat the area with pam spray when I go to the track and it should fly right off at the qtr car wash on the way home. I shouldn't of not use the setting that I was using on the factory mud flaps on the rocker panel/front of rear wheel well- paint on the steel wheel well is all good just the plastic took a beating- 200$ lesson learned- I have a hook up at the body shop- now the rockers will have no stone chips or road grime -

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good idea on the pam, we did that same trick to the underside of our fenders when I was racing motocross many moons ago. A mud race, the bike can pack on 20lbs of mud, not kidding, and you feel it. It worked for several laps, which is better than 0 laps.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Use collision wrap, peels right off, no mess.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
My new Cobra Front Control Arms came!!!

Looks like FRPP started using 11-13 arm designs now.
defca602e8bf545037f24d963a644238.jpg

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Just bought those arms. Worth every penny!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'm replacing raybestos arms that are only 4 yrs old (about 15k miles).

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Let us know how that sounds, I'm possibly interested in doing a prochamber in place of my stock H sometime in the future... or mix with a 5.0 swap.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
OR Pro chamber was my favorite mid pipe when I had the 3V. I'd like to throw one on the 5.0, but the price tag is a little hefty.

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
Let us know how that sounds, I'm possibly interested in doing a prochamber in place of my stock H sometime in the future... or mix with a 5.0 swap.

I absolutely love it, car had flowmasters when I bought it and I attempted to add an o/r h-pipe, removed it the same day because of the loudness, not my taste. I've since installed Magnaflows and after doing some research and seeing a popular complaint about the prochamber being "to quite" I knew it would be worth a shot. I love the sound, has neighborhood manners under light driving but really opens up to a great muscle car sound when you get on it. Still sounds great with no added noise or drone at 80 mph freeway cruising, that way another fear of mine. Couldn't be happier!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I absolutely love it, car had flowmasters when I bought it and I attempted to add an o/r h-pipe, removed it the same day because of the loudness, not my taste. I've since installed Magnaflows and after doing some research and seeing a popular complaint about the prochamber being "to quite" I knew it would be worth a shot. I love the sound, has neighborhood manners under light driving but really opens up to a great muscle car sound when you get on it. Still sounds great with no added noise or drone at 80 mph freeway cruising, that way another fear of mine. Couldn't be happier!

Grubb, are you running cats with your prochamber or without cats and also are you running magnaflow street axle backs or magnaflow magnapack or competition axle backs ? I'm currently running magnaflow street axle backs with stock catted mid pipe, but I'll be upgrading to Borla ATAK axle backs and pairing them with the cut "n" clamp prochamber that reuses the stock catted mid pipe.. I've also done quite a bit of research as well regarding the prochamber as being too quiet, especially when reusing the stock cats and would like to get some opinions and feedback as to whether Borla ATAK's would be too quiet with a stock catted prochamber.. My reason for making the switch, is the Magnaflow street axle backs are just too quiet for my liking, but I also don't want something that's obnoxiously too loud either and unfortunately I also have to run cats, due that Pennsylvania does require emission inspections.. Anyway I'd welcome any opinions/feedback you might be able to provide as helpful.. Thanks :cool:

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed these Steeda Rear Ride Height Adjusters. They allow you to "obviously" raise or lower your rear ends height. They also allow you to be the one who decides what rear spring rate you want to use and how tall you want the springs to be.

Little tip, go with 10 inch tall springs, regardless of the rate you use. I was informed that you can go with an 8 inch spring with a 350 lb rate. That proved to be too short and the fenders are just about kissing the tires at its tallest setting.

Attachments

• Steeda.jpg
    Steeda.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back