What have you done to your mustang today?

eBokey

Reaction score
Installed an aftermarket head unit with a backup camera. Added the Shaker amps in the trunk with corresponding OE subs.

crjackson

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. How does one perform a KAM reset then?
With an SCT X4 (I don’t know about other models)

1. Go into the Vehicle Functions option.
  2. Then select Special Functions and you will be prompted to turn the key on and continue.
  3. From here select the option for KAM Reset.
  4. This will prompt you to turn the key on again and 'Continue', if the key is still on just select continue.
  5. This will then reset the KAM and take you back out to the Special Functions screen and you can start the vehicle.

Last edited:

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Ford Performance Pro-Cal tuner. Wonder if it can do that?

RRPD4130

Reaction score
The Last Citadel of Freedom-Great State of Texas
Upgrading and reconfiguring my 2005 GT 'Bluebonnet's' analog NOS system A-Zed for a digital controller; removed the FRPS fuel solenoid sandwich adapter and relocated the supply line using a Nitrous Outlet inline adapter (at the fuel rail springlock fitting). None of those bits existed when I bought her in 2005, and GAS takes over (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Repaired the inner marker light bumper slot latch on RF of bumper cover (I guess this plastic slot latch finally broke on 1 side from wind sheer buffeting against the marker light housing allowing the housing to drop out so hanging on the 2 white outer latches & wiring harness during the drive back home from E. TX......nothing never struck the front bumper anywhere during this trip) using some good ole JB Weld Kwick Set epoxy to reattach the broken side of slot latch back to bumper cover & applied some JB Weld to the other end of slot latch due to this side developing a crack in it but didn't break.

Reassembled all after sufficient curing time for JB Weld to get set up & all is now good to go...............saved me a new bumper cover & paint........for now that is.

JC SSP

Reaction score
It’s that time… annual maintenance on the 05’ GT.

Quality synthetic Oil, Ford oil filter, Ford fuel filter and lube suspension.

I had put about 5K in the last year, so she was still good for awhile but I do this to all my cars regardless of mileage. I even revers flush the old fuel filter and it came out clean.

I will take her to the tire shop next week for rotation, balance & alignment check and she should be good to go for another year.

IMG_5416.jpeg

IMG_5413.jpeg

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

Last edited:

SilBult

Reaction score
Not today, but two days ago I replaced the original steel two piece driveshaft in my '14 GT with a one piece aluminum one from Ford Performance. After 106,000 + miles I noticed that I was hearing a little more driveline noise then I had been used to. No vibration or anything else of concern, just a bit more sound. The car is quieter now, not that any Mustang is luxury car quiet. I suspect that the source of the increased sound was due to wear of the rubber ring surrounding the center support bearing. I think the bearing itself is fine. One good thing I will say about the factory two piece driveshaft is that it was always very smooth running and from everything I've been able to learn not very sensitive to pinion angle. So far I've only tested the new one piece driveshaft to 120 mph, but it is just as smooth running as the original.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back