What seats are you running?

Mineral_'01

forum member
Reaction score
Am I reading this right it's $519.00 for the pair?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Vorshlag's site, "As with all reclining Corbeau seat, this seat is only sold in pairs. Price for this product entry is for one seat, for easy comparison"

Speaking of Corbeau seats, I have been eyeing these below. Anyone have any experience with them? Seem like they would be a nice low-profile fit in the S197.

Corbeau Sportline Evolution
evolution-x-2.gif

Last edited:

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
From Vorshlag's site, "As with all reclining Corbeau seat, this seat is only sold in pairs. Price for this product entry is for one seat, for easy comparison"

Speaking of Corbeau seats, I have been eyeing these below. Anyone have any experience with them? Seem like they would be a nice low-profile fit in the S197.

Corbeau Sportline Evolution
evolution-x-2.gif

Okay thanks.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got done installing a set of Corbeau A4 wides in my 2006 GT, and swapped over all of the necessary wiring/sensors to retain full functionality. Very supportive seats which retain factory functionality, which I needed as this is my daily driver. My only gripe is that the light grey material doesn't exactly match the medium grey interior, but I'll get over it:) I will post a full write up of the process in the DIY section.

DE170ACC-8B9E-4327-91BA-0EB85D0C90C6_zpswz3in1xq.jpg

B9762FAE-C611-4854-B21E-A8EE7B4754C5_zps28f8vgwf.jpg

This should be the plug you need, my car was not seat airbag equipped and this is what came from the factory:
1cda81af-dd99-47c6-8ed6-4e89a1c26d18_zps60c3d9a2.jpg

Interesting. My local Ford dealer won't sell me those resistors. I will probably have to try local junk yards...

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Just make you a little bracket to mount you seat position sensor on and move it over to your new seat.

Sent from iPhone

That's a good idea, works if you permanently change seats. Would be nice to be able to fool the airbag circuit for track days though, so I don't have to mess with the leather sofa seats, just bolt in my aluminum seat, plug in a dummy circuit and go to the track. Anyone have an idea how to best accomplish that?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope to have a pic for you soon,

So, my seat instal has been a bit of a disaster, BUT, Finally all is good.

First, bought a used set of Sparcos, brackets, had to raise the seats 1.5 inches,
Then... found out the seats were to narrow, didnt fit me right.

So, ordered a set of Corbeaus from the vendor on the site here...
Corbeau ships me the wrong seats!! Argh...

Finally, got what I ordered, and happy :)

The driver side is a Wide, passenger is Standard width,

I haven't decided what direction to go yet for harnesses,

Old thread, but HOW did you raise the seats 1.5"? I've had Corbeau's for drag racing and didn't mind sitting low, but for open track or local corner carving I need a bit more practical visibility.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Corbeau EXT-4 extender installed on the Corbeau manual seat rack (for adding more leg room or getting closer to the pedals) only raises it about .5". I had the EXT-4 part on my previous Corbeau seat install, and like I said, it's fine for drag racing but want just a bit more height. Are you referring to another "slider"? I just got back from Home Depot and was looking at the square steel tubing and flat steel for ideas as suggested earlier if I have to make it myself...

Nice Vette by the way. Better half wanted one but I started her in a Camaro first...

sent from my cell phone...

Last edited:

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lots of good info info here. I Was considering the American Muscle TMI Premium Sport R500 Upholstery and foam kit with airbags. I liked this kit because it is the front and rear seats, and gives you back and ass bolsters. The stock seats I have, I continually slide from side to side. I do not race, but definitely do some spirited driving. I did not find any reviews on these seats. Does anyone have any knowledge or recommendations for these seats? Thanks. Frankie Lap

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have set in those seats, and they are snug and sturdy. Nothing snug like a fixed back, but snug none the less.

If you believe you will ever want to hit the track, you may want to consider the low back version of the seats rather than the high back. At least you can use a 4 point ASM harness with the low backs.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Just ordered a Bimarco Grip. FIA cert and looks pretty good. Everyone that I have talked to that has ran them love em and since they are half the price of a Sparco unit might as well give them a try.

TheSuit

VISIONARY
Reaction score
Lots of good info info here. I Was considering the American Muscle TMI Premium Sport R500 Upholstery and foam kit with airbags. I liked this kit because it is the front and rear seats, and gives you back and ass bolsters. The stock seats I have, I continually slide from side to side. I do not race, but definitely do some spirited driving. I did not find any reviews on these seats. Does anyone have any knowledge or recommendations for these seats? Thanks. Frankie Lap

Just took a look at them. Looks like they have a lot of options available to be chosen from. Like you said though, not many reviews on them. Perhaps based on the price.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a Bimarco Grip. FIA cert and looks pretty good. Everyone that I have talked to that has ran them love em and since they are half the price of a Sparco unit might as well give them a try.
They do look pretty sweet. I would like to match the rear seats tho. Keep everything uniform. Thanks!!

Just took a look at them. Looks like they have a lot of options available to be chosen from. Like you said though, not many reviews on them. Perhaps based on the price.
I found a few reviews on here, not many. But the reviews were positive. I think they look good, but are very pricey. But with that, you get the rear seat covers too. See what my Tax returns yield!! LOL

I have set in those seats, and they are snug and sturdy. Nothing snug like a fixed back, but snug none the less.

If you believe you will ever want to hit the track, you may want to consider the low back version of the seats rather than the high back. At least you can use a 4 point ASM harness with the low backs.
You make a valid point Boone. Due to neck surgery, I don't think I will ever race. Comfort is key for me, and the high backs look to be more comfortable. Snug and sturdy sounds great for me!! Thanks for the heads up on the 4 point harness, I bet you just help a bunch of people out with that answer!! As for me, based on your review, and the few others I read, I think the high backs are the ones for me.

TheSuit

VISIONARY
Reaction score
I found a few reviews on here, not many. But the reviews were positive. I think they look good, but are very pricey. But with that, you get the rear seat covers too. See what my Tax returns yield!! LOL

Ah, overlooked that the rear seat comes with it. Not bad for switching out the entire interior then. Look forward to seeing them if you get em!

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah, overlooked that the rear seat comes with it. Not bad for switching out the entire interior then. Look forward to seeing them if you get em!

I'm hoping I can do them soon, if not, next tax check!! Lol. I will post up if I get them. That's what I was thinking, not bad for back seats too!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back