What seats are you running?

neema

forum member
Reaction score

looks good. Do you have issues with the Watson roll bar's should harness "holders" not really ideally lining up with the shoulder holes in the seat? Mine are a little bit off (my seat is straight) and I'm debating grinding them off.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I needed mine as low as possible. If I could have bolted the cobra brackets straight to the floor it would have been perfect for me.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
looks good. Do you have issues with the Watson roll bar's should harness "holders" not really ideally lining up with the shoulder holes in the seat? Mine are a little bit off (my seat is straight) and I'm debating grinding them off.

Yeah mine are off as well. I haven't paid much mind to it, but they do keep me from getting the belt super tight on the bar.

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
Need a little help,
Just picked up a set of Sparco recliners.
They came out of a 944, and have basic sliders.

What mounting brackets do I need? Will the Corbeau ones work??

Last edited:

nitrobob

forum member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure but that appears to be a double locking Corbeau slider on that seat so the Corbeau mount will work.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Need a little help,
Just picked up a set of Sparco recliners.
They came out of a 944, and have basic sliders.

What mounting brackets do I need? Will the Corbeau ones work??

Get the planted bracket, a little more expensive, but really well made and the fit is perfect.

white86hatch

forum member
Reaction score
I've read through most of this thread and haven't seen anyone running a sparco evo3. I'd like to make sure it'll fit before I pursue going down that path. Anyone?

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
Hope to have a pic for you soon,

So, my seat instal has been a bit of a disaster, BUT, Finally all is good.

First, bought a used set of Sparcos, brackets, had to raise the seats 1.5 inches,
Then... found out the seats were to narrow, didnt fit me right.

So, ordered a set of Corbeaus from the vendor on the site here...
Corbeau ships me the wrong seats!! Argh...

Finally, got what I ordered, and happy :)

The driver side is a Wide, passenger is Standard width,

I haven't decided what direction to go yet for harnesses,

GoinDrivin

Reaction score
I used to run the Sparco Rev in my SCCA ITS Mazda RX-7 and was hands down my favorite seat (after going through a few others prior). Sat in an Evo and really liked it and will probably be my choice for my next seat. Let us know how that works. I did purchase an IT7 RX-7 a few years back that had a Kirkey aluminum seat that was surprisingly comfortable, for a race car but not daily driver. Haha!

wiperblade

Reaction score
I'm about to swap my stock seats back in, currently have some Sparco Chrono Road seats installed.

What are you guys torquing the seat bolts to?

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
Evo3 in a s197??? Photos anyone??? Bump. Lol

I can't give exact info for you, but I just installed an Evo2 US (the wide one) in my '14, on a Planted bracket, and there is more room in there. The Evo2 isn't quite wide enough for me in the shoulders but the lower portion fits me fine. To get the height the same as the stock seat all the way down I had to remove the sliders and mount the seat bottomed out in the rear on the side mounts. Maybe the Vorshlag one goes lower but I won't be able to run sliders in the car and fit with a helmet, and I am only 5'10", and I weigh 240lb 34" waist. Not sure on the fitment of the Evo 3 but I think they are for shorter wider drivers, the measurements seemed goofy so I went with the Evo2US.

Last edited:

white86hatch

forum member
Reaction score
I can't give exact info for you, but I just installed an Evo2 US (the wide one) in my '14, on a Planted bracket, and there is more room in there. The Evo2 isn't quite wide enough for me in the shoulders but the lower portion fits me fine. To get the height the same as the stock seat all the way down I had to remove the sliders and mount the seat bottomed out in the rear on the side mounts. Maybe the Vorshlag one goes lower but I won't be able to run sliders in the car and fit with a helmet, and I am only 5'10", and I weigh 240lb 34" waist. Not sure on the fitment of the Evo 3 but I think they are for shorter wider drivers, the measurements seemed goofy so I went with the Evo2US.

Yeah. I'm 5'11" and fat. Luckily vorshlag had an evo 2 and evo 3 in their showroom the other day. The evo 3 felt perfect on my lower half. The evo 2 felt slightly better on my shoulders. I'll end up with an evo 3 most likely and just run a harness bar and pull those belts tight. Lol

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Hope to have a pic for you soon,

So, my seat instal has been a bit of a disaster, BUT, Finally all is good.

First, bought a used set of Sparcos, brackets, had to raise the seats 1.5 inches,
Then... found out the seats were to narrow, didnt fit me right.

So, ordered a set of Corbeaus from the vendor on the site here...
Corbeau ships me the wrong seats!! Argh...

Finally, got what I ordered, and happy :)

The driver side is a Wide, passenger is Standard width,

I haven't decided what direction to go yet for harnesses,

How much does the passenger seat tilt/slide forward? Can a smallish human still squeeze back there?

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Something like these? Corbeau Sportline RRB Reclining Seat

jpg_DSC5371%20as%20Smart%20Object-1%20copy-M.jpg

Am I reading this right it's $519.00 for the pair?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back