What seats are you running?

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Just got back from a track day with HOD. No way in hell I would be interested in doing a track day in stock seats again. It's easier to control the car by a long shot. On another note, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's are amazing.

Right?! Tell me it's not the single biggest change you can make from a drivability standpoint. Literally everything about the car got better once I could actually feel what it was doing.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Right?! Tell me it's not the single biggest change you can make from a drivability standpoint. Literally everything about the car got better once I could actually feel what it was doing.

Definitely. It's bullshit trying to stay planted in the stockers. It's just that much more you have to worry about while trying to explore the limits.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Its amazing how much faster you can go when you're not bracing yourself in your seat with your knees, legs and hands through the twisties. Sparco Evo seats for me! You don't want to skimp and find yourself in cheap flimsy seats when you're in an accident and your mass works to break the seat free from its mount. Ouch!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Is that what you have in the vette? Any pictures on fitment?

Yup. Here are some pics:

223289_1058722581249_2109_n.jpg

221794_1058722621250_2382_n.jpg

1423_1074326811345_5604_n.jpg

1423_1074326851346_5869_n.jpg

Ooppps, how did that photo get here? LOL

395642_2742717240063_207957588_n.jpg

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, are we posting Corvette seats now?

How about Cobra Suzukis in a ZR1. Had to make custom brackets to fit the wide seats for the 6'4" driver to give him some helmet room and keep the sliders for his shorter wife.

_DSC4320%20copy-M.jpg

_DSC4313%20copy-M.jpg

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Gray Ghost that is a sweet looking setup. Is that a custom cage or or a weld together kit? What seat brackets did you use?

jayh007

forum member
Reaction score
Seats arrived today. They are the Sparco Fighters. Gotta say, they look great, are very light and miraculously fit perfect.View attachment 46255View attachment 46256View attachment 46257

Those zoomed in spots are on the sticky material. Camera sucks, but they are grippy.

I'm pretty well pleased. I got the airbag simulators on the way. I went with the $55 ones because they have the correct 2 ohm resistor already in it as opposed to buying the ford part that has a 10ohm resistor that would need to be changed. Just waiting on my seat brackets to get here. 2 sliding brackets and 2 seat bases ($350), 2 seats ($1140) and the 2 seat simulators($110) total $1600. Not bad.

Thanks for your help Gmitch.
Where did you get the airbag simulators?

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
The ones I ordered didn't have the right connector though they were the right resistance. Ford has the right connector, but as I understand the resistance is too high. I don't use the connectors. I just deal with the light. Doesn't bother me. Not like it's the check engine light.

robz

Reaction score
Just got done installing a set of Corbeau A4 wides in my 2006 GT, and swapped over all of the necessary wiring/sensors to retain full functionality. Very supportive seats which retain factory functionality, which I needed as this is my daily driver. My only gripe is that the light grey material doesn't exactly match the medium grey interior, but I'll get over it:) I will post a full write up of the process in the DIY section.

DE170ACC-8B9E-4327-91BA-0EB85D0C90C6_zpswz3in1xq.jpg

B9762FAE-C611-4854-B21E-A8EE7B4754C5_zps28f8vgwf.jpg

The ones I ordered didn't have the right connector though they were the right resistance. Ford has the right connector, but as I understand the resistance is too high. I don't use the connectors. I just deal with the light. Doesn't bother me. Not like it's the check engine light.

This should be the plug you need, my car was not seat airbag equipped and this is what came from the factory:
1cda81af-dd99-47c6-8ed6-4e89a1c26d18_zps60c3d9a2.jpg

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Yeah that's cool man. I have no interest in simulators. If I ever sell the car and get a new stang I will just put the stockers back in. That will kill the light ;). If it made a light pop up with the wrench, aka check engine light, I would address it. My original concern was just that. Worried I would always have a check engine and would constantly have to keep plugging my scanner in and making sure it was only the seatbelt related codes. Since that's not the case, it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

jayh007

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that's cool man. I have no interest in simulators. If I ever sell the car and get a new stang I will just put the stockers back in. That will kill the light ;). If it made a light pop up with the wrench, aka check engine light, I would address it. My original concern was just that. Worried I would always have a check engine and would constantly have to keep plugging my scanner in and making sure it was only the seatbelt related codes. Since that's not the case, I doesn't bother me.
Will the lack of simulators affect the air bag deployment

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm putting on the flame retardant suit. Here is how I mounted the submarine and lap harness belts. I mounted them to the bottom of the seat bracket. I did this for a couple of reasons. One, I don't want to drill holes in the floorboard. Two, because of the seat design and my seating position where I would of needed to drill for the lap and submarine belt mounting positions in a place where it was going to be too tight and very likely not possible. I also am leaning towards either getting a coyote motored stang or 2015. So, no non-reverse-able mods.

I attached via bolts 2 angle iron pieces with the I-bolts installed in the appropriate position for proper angles for the belts. I also replaced the slider on the drivers side with 1x1 box tubing because the f-ing slider had taken to the nasty habit of spontaneously sliding backwards while driving. Which obviously isn't a desirable thing. I can't say I would speak highly of the corbeaux double sliders.

IQ9ARPQ.jpg

lLCHzvP.jpg

WaJNIBK.jpg

PogMdfM.jpg

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
I would have put the eye bolts for the lap belts right back in where the stock belts mount up, you can still keep your stock belts under the eye bolt. I think you have them too far forward.

There nothing wrong with how you mounted your sub belts. I would just check to see that you have the proper angle on them. Eyeing it up by your pictures I would have moved that cross bar a little further back.

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
I would have put the eye bolts for the lap belts right back in where the stock belts mount up, you can still keep your stock belts under the eye bolt. I think you have them too far forward.
No, I couldn't do that. The opening for the lap belt on the seat is a slot and not a triangle like the Cobras. If I would of mounted the lap belts any further back it would of bunched up against the side of the opening which the instructions from scroth said was a BIG NO NO.

There nothing wrong with how you mounted your sub belts. I would just check to see that you have the proper angle on them. Eyeing it up by your pictures I would have moved that cross bar a little further back.

The instructions said at least a 20 degree angle. I have about a 30 degree angle. So as far as that goes I'm good. My only concern is it is relatively close to the seat slot and there isn't allot of room for the adjustment clips.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back