What to do with my baby??!!?

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
So here goes. I was in the military for 10 years and got out to go into the oil field in south east Texas. A month after being home a good friend of mine wrecked my car. I wasn't to concerned seeing is the next day I was in a 2010 2500 dodge lifted 6 inches and 20" chrome rims which my job pays me 800$ truck rent monthly. So I have been waiting and trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Originally I was going to total it out and make money. Then It didn't total causing me to simply pay it off and cover another little debt. So now, I have my car, And my truck. Long story short is I have about 10 different options I could do with it, ie chop top, targa top, replace the glass roof, make it a regular hard top, or simply part it out, and or sale it as is whole. The front end Is a roush thats just off, so only damage is drivers door, passenger mirror, minor dents around car,glass roof, front windshield, and drivers door / front seat due to side airbag that could be fake fixed or whole seat bought all depends what you wanted.The offer for as is whole would have to be substantial, and honestly if you wanted it fixed my dad is a well known very reputable paint and body man in the golden triangle of Texas. So If someone wanted to buy it and pay to fix it, I could have it all done any paint scheme or roof scheme you wanted for better than any shop could do. I just kinda figured I would put it on here and get some feelers on what y'all would do, I'd simply fixing it is nothing but a few weekends with dad, and cold beer, or parting it out, or sale as is

Current mods:
Saleen supercharger with 9psi pulley
8rib pulley conversation
20" chrome Shelby razors flawless
BBK longtube headers
C n L CAI
Off road x pipe
Magma flow exhaust with. 4" tips
Clear blinkers
LED tai lights
C/S rear bumper
Roush front bumper
Eleanor center fog grill
Vent gauge boost gauge
Hurst short throw shifter
Adj. panhard bar
Clear rear side blinkers
Eibach pro lowering 1.5"
Tokico front struts
Caster/camper plates adj.( can't remember The brand)
I think that's it for now...I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It dynod at 515rwhp at 5500rpms, currently tuned safely at 413 and rev limiter set to 5000 rpms. I ran into problem with 8rib conversion and my 10% larger than crank harmonic balancer(see told you I'd remember something) and turned my 9psi pulley into 13psi pushing it beyond its limits, the only owner, never raced or track driven. It would only let me upload one pic for some reason, I could email maybe a moderator to upload all the pics I have of it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 109

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
A custom lift out roof panel would be pretty sick.. doesnt have to go full targa and cut the sides off.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I can tell from your mod list that you have a lot of money in it. If the chassis is still structurally solid, I'd fix it and drive it. Doesn't sound like it would be too much to get it back in shape.

As far as the top goes, I'd just replace the glass roof. That is one of the coolest options for the 3V.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, car is paid, oil field pays good, so I'm in no rush really, just kinda what to do to make it look the best, frame has one small small dent but frame below the driver, barely dents in from the pole we hit, we checked it and it dailed in correctly, so frame isn't bent or out of wack, the only reason it totaled is well because it was at my dads shop...duh, it could be fixed 100% and with custom paint job whatever I choose for about 3500 with new glass roof, just idk 10k cash in my hand sounds like a wakeboard boat or idk I love fast horsepower, this damn truck is badass and cool, pull a damn house down, and looks awesome, but I want the throw you in the seat panties dropping silver steed

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Wake board boats break a lot. Unless it's just Super Air Nautiques that break a lot... You'll be more satisfied with fixing the car up imo.

Sent from my helicopter

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back