Wheel Spacer Question

Rusnak_322

Reaction score
if you are interested, Here is what the 1985 Porsche 911 bolt on wheel spacer looks like -

1985+float+two1402920681.jpg

Rusnak_322

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay - I got the spacers on. the expensive ones and the cheap ones were the same thickness. the studs were the same. the only difference is that the Eibach had a blasted look to the surface finish and they were a larger diameter. The cheaper billet ones matched the exact diameter of the hub and inside of the wheel.

The factory rims DO have pockets for the wheel studs to fit into, so they both would have worked without having to trim the stock wheel studs. I wasn’t sure how deep the studs would fit into the wheel pockets, so I put a little green playdough in there to see. There is still about ¼” clearance.

I made sure to clean the studs and all the rust as well as remove the thin washer that was holding the rotor on the hub.

Sorry for the dirty car – it rained every day for a week.

Attachments

• IMG_8874.JPG
    IMG_8874.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8876.JPG
    IMG_8876.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8878.JPG
    IMG_8878.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8869.JPG
    IMG_8869.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8871.JPG
    IMG_8871.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Mustang 2.jpg
    Mustang 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8941.JPG
    IMG_8941.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Mustang 1.jpg
    Mustang 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8940.JPG
    IMG_8940.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 7

Rusnak_322

Reaction score
They are 1" thick. I tried the 1.5" and the wheel stuck out too much. Looked like the cars in high school when they stuck a 50 on the rear of their Camero.
With the lowering springs, the wider spacer would have caused the tire to rub the fender and I don't think that rolling the fender would have helped.

tcook

Reaction score
i own a 07 gt and bought the chrome 1 inch spacers from AM and they have been on my car for 4 months now and no isssues and I have stock rims.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Question, how are you torquing down the front spacers? Have someone press the brakes?

Rusnak_322

Reaction score
OK - I went and put front spacers on.

They really look nice. This is one of those things that 99% of people wont notice, but once you see it, you can not unsee it. I think that lowered cars need this more then stock height cars.

I had to trim the stock wheel studs in order for the front wheels to fit. I did have my wife hold the front brake while I torqued the nuts.

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

IMG_8985.jpg

When I was done, I checked the rear spacer bolts. All were tight. I did have two slightly loose rear wheel lugnuts. But I also didn't torque them down with a torque wrench as I didn't have the proper size socket. All are torqued now.

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
Thats why when I bought my wheels I went with +35 offset, i hate the wheels not sitting flush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
35mm doesn't sit flush either imo. I have 20x9 35mm offset and the fronts still have that sunken look .

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
25mm spacers on 19X8.5 stockers on 255/40/19 bridgestone potenza S04 pole positions, they are 3mm off from being flush.. i can live with that.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Is that a FRPP Boss 302 leguna seca splitter under the cdc front spoiler....or it made by cdc ?

Rusnak_322

Reaction score
Thanks, I can’t take credit.
I bought the car as it. I found it on ebay and contacted the seller after it didn’t sell. Turns out he was out of the country and the car was in storage. He was moving his wife in less than 2 weeks and if the car didn’t sell it was going to sit for 2 ½ years until he returned.
The owner was well off and in his mid 60s and paid someone to have the car murdered out. When I picked it up, there were more mods then he knew about. I got all the stock parts except the O2 sensors.

Lowered with adjustable bar and alignment
Matte black stripes and GT side stripes.
All badges and lights blacked out.
Wheels powdercoated with the red stripes added. Painted the calipers red.
Dark tinted windows
Aftermarket x pipe and axle back exhaust
Brentspeed Tune with a Bama tuner
Short throw shifter and aftermarket knob
Stlye bar
Shelby rear panel
Some under hood dress up parts

I got the car with 5k miles on it for less then what the left over 2013 6 cyl convertible was going to cost me.

All I have done is add a Lund tune (with Ghost cam) and the wheel spacers.

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
Is that a FRPP Boss 302 leguna seca splitter under the cdc front spoiler....or it made by cdc ?

its the ford racing boss splitter attached to the CDC assembly, thanks! thought i would be different from the rest of the guys and keep the car looking clean yet aggressive. and thanks about the wheels. my car is actually a base model and came with the 18s, i found these wheels and tires for 550 bucks and couldnt resist. im still looking for other wheels because im tired of people asking me why i have stock wheels on my car. to me they arent stock lol, the profile of the wheel is great and the hypersilver finish is spot on!! and i did alot of research to get them sit flush and whatnot. i take pride in these stockers lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back