Where to go with things...

Speedrcr43

Reaction score
I picked up an '07 Gt with out much done to it yet. I'm sure it was run hard though.
It's a daily driver that I have to keep that way.
Anyhow, picked up long tubes, x-pipe and cats (emissions matters here) and just some basic suspension parts. Also have a CAI that was in the trunk (no idea what kind) and I have a set of Crower Stage 1 cams to install.
Trying to decide on what to do and when. I''m figuring on doing the headers and mid pipe install witn a tune set up for it first, then the cams and another tune and see how it goes.
It came with a SCT X3 so I'll have to find someone that can get me a good email tune.
Then I'm considering a set of 4.10's, but not sure of how they are for an every day car.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.10s are a great choice for a manual GT - don't fear the gear

for Tunes - Lito - a supporting vendor here is a great 3V tuner (Lund and VMP are also great choices)

post a pic of the CAI and maybe someone can ID it.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I would do the intake, cams, and 4.10 gears all at once, one and done with the tune and go drive the snot out of her.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
I would do the intake, cams, and 4.10 gears all at once, one and done with the tune and go drive the snot out of her.

I’d agree with that but hell, if you can do it all in one hit then do that. I had my Intake, Cams, headers and gears all installed at once and it was just a night and day difference.. 4.10s would be a lot of fun, I went with the 3.73s for the sake of the freeway driving I do and they’re a nice middle ground.

Speedrcr43

Reaction score
I was thinking trying to do everything at once (except the gears).
My last mustang had 3.73, but when we built the trans, we had G-Force change the 5th gear so the rpm at 60 as just about 1800.
I currently have 3.55, so I don't know if just going to a 3.73 would really be a big difference.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back