Who fit the GT500 brake kit on 18" aftermarket wheels other than GT500 wheels?

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Sup,

Got a good deal on a GT500 take off Brembo kit, going to pick them up tonite. My problem is im not sure if they will fit my wheels but the deal is good so im willing to give it a shot.

Im running 18 x 9 03/04 Terminator style wheels with a 26MM offset, i think the back spacing is 6.5 if my memory serves me correct.

Anybody fit this brake kit inside 18" wheels that are NOT GT500, CTR40, FR500 wheels? Pics would be kool if you have em.

Wish me luck, im gonna give it a shot regardless but seeing and hearing some stories of success will make me feel better.

Attachments

• Steeda-Suspension-Front-right.jpg
    Steeda-Suspension-Front-right.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 93

spiral281

forum member
Reaction score
from looking at the picture, i would imagine they will...unless the spokes are insanely wide on the backside where i cant see...

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
THEY FIT!!!

I was most concerned with the height of caliper but it cleared with a lil wiggle room, the caliper is also MUCH wider than i thought but the spoke design left enough room where the caliper bulges out. I bolted up one side and tightened the lug nuts, the wheel was able to spin freely and nothing seemed to close for comfort.

Im going to install them this weekend, ill post some pics and clearance measurements. :beerdrink:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I get a lot of questions about those wheels, you dont see em around very often, i got the idea from guys running the 17" Terminator wheels, i liked the way the new edge offset looks on the S197 but i wanted 18" wheels.

The wheels are made AFS, i found them on ebay and got them delivered to my door for under $600!! I guess they only made a limited run because i have not heard of anyone finding them who was interested.

Looks like you may be in luck, i see some staggard sets with tires of 2003 Cobra wheels on their ebay store but i only see machined, mine are machined with black painted cut outs, i have only seen one other person with these wheels.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/AFS-Wheels__W0QQ_sidZ8221336QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=1

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Don't tell them Moses!! You yelled at me when I was gonna get them:LMAO:. Those are bad ass wheels.

I am looking for a big brake kit for my car, but with the foose nitrous, I have read nothing fits.

Threadjacked.:tj:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I cant have another Stang rolling around Queens wearing the same shoes

:flamethr::tj:

Brakes are going on tomara afternoon!

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Red... what tire size are you running, and do you have any rubbing issues with that off-set?

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Red... what tire size are you running, and do you have any rubbing issues with that off-set?

275-40-18 all around with Steeda Sport springs, no rubbing, no issues, ive Autocrossed this set up many times and even with the hard cornering i dont get any rubbing. I ran these wheels at stock height and lowered, ok on both.

The springs lower the car 1" F / 1.25" rear, many kits are lower, the only place that looks like it may be a concern if lower than that is the rear, the front has a bigger wheel well and some negative camber (assuming you did Camber plates). I have seen some guys running Saleen wheels at a lower height and they seem to be ok, so...

The brakes

There's about a pinky's worth of clearance between the spokes and the Brembo calipers and about the same height wise with the rim of the wheel, i tried to snap some pics of clearance but none of them came out well.

Drove many miles this weekend and all is well, you don't really feel that the brakes are any different until you slam the pedal, the braking power is tremendous compared to the stock brakes.

Im going Autocross racing this Sunday and im ready to give them a proper testing.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I made a little montage comparison of the Brembo GT500's vs the OEM GT brakes.

Attachments

• Brembo_GT500_vs_OEMGT_comparison.jpg
    Brembo_GT500_vs_OEMGT_comparison.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 45

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Well I found these on ebaymotors... I'm thinking this would look and handle pretty darn well on my grabber w/ 275/40's all around...

3598794357_2ef33e8ab5.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back