Who's got PWCs

Rob1968

forum member
Reaction score
Those are great pwc's. Are they stock? I work at a Motorsports dealer and don't own one but have the great privilege of working with a pro pwc racer who is also the west coast guru for performance and repair on these things. We occasionally get to go ride with him. Nothing like 80+ on the water but after seeing some of the repair bills I think I will stick to dirt bikes.

Btw have you had the ceramic washers replaced in those superchargers?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
SS Washers. Minor mods, nothing worth noting to be honest. I was going to get into modding the RXP mainly but it really isn't worth it unless you're racing. The cost to gains just aren't justifiable for me.

Rob1968

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, your right. The standard gain/$ is 1 mph per $1k. We just had one of the offshore guys from LA in the shop and complete motor rebuild, ecu upgrade, exhaust, mini root sc upgrade, some pump and hull mods and intercooler upgrade was right in the 11k range. After break in its running right at 80-82 mph. Fun but expensive.

There was a team from France at the last mark haun race at Havasu the was turbo'd. Was running a consistent 90mph until it blew up on lap 13 or so. Awesome, but I think they said they had like 50k in it, pretty incredible though.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've been racing a Yamaha GPR for years. Very highly modded. Bored, stroked, ported cases, billet heads, forged everything, high dollar carbs and ignition, you name it. Not to mention the zillions of hours spent on bending props, shaping and smoothing the intake grate/pump stator/ride plate, tuning and testing, etc.

You can easily spend as much money chasing speed on a PWC as you can on a car.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I've been racing a Yamaha GPR for years. Very highly modded. Bored, stroked, ported cases, billet heads, forged everything, high dollar carbs and ignition, you name it. Not to mention the zillions of hours spent on bending props, shaping and smoothing the intake grate/pump stator/ride plate, tuning and testing, etc.

EASILY! LOL :roflmao:

I guess it's supply and demand, not sure. Either that or they really really like the saying, "Gotta pay to play!".

Rob1968

forum member
Reaction score

Easily! Fullboogie...you've been racing these for years you must know of now for Steve Friebe?

Ryan331

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 97.5 GSX Limited (951).. A few mods :stir:

It's not as powerful as the newer skis top-end wise, but she only weighs about 550 lbs.. Top speed via GPS on smooth water so far, I've seen 67 MPH, I'd prob gain 1-2 if I took off the worx plate (no plan to, I don't get to see smooth water very often and it helps the handling a ton).. Bottom end and mid range this thing hauls and will out launch most of the ski's I've come across :) Also a bit of a sleeper being that its older and the gel coat isn't in the best shape

Added 45 hours to the ski so far this summer and going back out on Sunday :cool:

Honestly, if I had easy access to larger/smoother lakes I'd look into a newer ski, but this one is plenty fun in rough waters

I'll get some pictures Sunday

Back