window tint

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
i may be taking my car to the shop on tuesday for some window tint. I'm in va and want to keep it legal i think. thats 50% on the front roll downs. ive got roush quarter louvers so im not tinting those, and then 35% on the rear windshield. does anyone have any pics with any of these tints so i can get a better idea of what it will look like before i drop the bones on it?
thanks for any and all help

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I did 35% all the way around on my Bullitt 3 years ago. I have never had an issue an tint is not an inspect able item for safety inspection. Also FYI, VA is in the process of changing their tint laws to 35%, I think, anyways by years end.

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up. that'd be sick though. i just read it got put on a shelf for some unspecified amount of time but that was last updated february...do you know of anything different?

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
so this month its gonna be legal for 35%? thats sick. could you confirm that haha just wanna make sure im reading this right

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Mine is tinted 35%, look at photo album
picture.php

Last edited:

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
awesome, i appreciate it. and AandF could you post a pic of your car so i can see what this tint will look like?

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but even a 35% film is illegal. With the factory 2-3% tint in the glass you will test out under 35. Granted i highly doubt any leo would mess with you for 35% because it's so light.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but even a 35% film is illegal. With the factory 2-3% tint in the glass you will test out under 35. Granted i highly doubt any leo would mess with you for 35% because it's so light.

Unless VA is completely different than any other agency than they have a 2-3% fudge factor just like for speeding. I know first hand. ;)

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
You are not going to get pulled over for 35% tint, it is too close to call. It is the limo guys that are getting stopped.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back