Winning never tasted soooo good...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My tranny is toast. Why hast thou forsaken me?
Because you didn't get faith until you needed it...

That and you clearly made a deal with the devil to get those times with so few mods and a pig heavy vert... I'd be jealous, but I am trying to rack up some god points for my install coming up...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go steal a car.
I hear repo rates are skyrocketing - you might be able to turn that hobby into a career!

p.s. better yet - sneak up on CK's car - clip some random, but hard to find wire in the harness... In a few minutes he will get frustrated and sell the car cheap to whoever is near... That of course will be you! Fix the wire and viola! new car...

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stay away from yellow ones...

Hehe, you read my mind. Too late though... One more street class win for me then I'll be forced to run in the ""Pro" line. Please let Ted know that Wed at the track is off, I have to work late that night.

SOCK: "When I met you I was but the learner. Now I am the Race-Master."

Obi Don Kenobi: "Only a master of bonehead moves SOCK".

SOCK: "What's your favorite color?"

ODK: "Blue. No, red..." poof

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cekim swallows, not sure what continent suits his tastes though...
I swallow pizza and carbonated/caffinated beverages...

I don't like suits and yes, I am continent - no bladder/colon issues here...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I do I do, then again I like mucking up any threads, part of my childish nature!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stanley - I think I can answer whether they checked the fluid level...

That would be "no" and the reason is that it looks complicated... I wonder if the "dipstick" project is going to run into some, er, shall we say nuances?

Or maybe Rube Goldberg got hold of this section of the manual?

This document is one of the many reasons I love manual transmissions - level check? Stick your finger in - did it get wet? - you're all good...

Attachments

• auto_trans_level_check.pdf
    182.8 KB · Views: 3

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jesus loves me this I know, because Stellas in my garage now and she got there under her own power. I know that doesn't rhyme but I really wasn't trying.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dunno. I was ready to pull that $6k trigger and thought I would try one last thing: Go re-flash the tune. Went over to Ford and told them what I was up to, the guy told me that they had started it this morning and it went into gear. I got the keys and went to try it myself, no problems. Took it out on the road, nice firm shifts, no 3rd gear "slide", reverse worked. Went back, parked it. Tried it again, no problems. Let them shave another $138 of the credit card, went to the bank, then came home. Stilll no problems... I don't know what to do now. If it happens again I'll just order the AODE and kit and leave the car here till all of the parts come in. Or, if it seems to last and not have any problems over the next couple days, I'll get the trans pan with a dipstick.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tried it again, no problems. Let them shave another $138 of the credit card, went to the bank, then came home. Stilll no problems... I don't know what to do now.
What's the going rate on borrowed time these days? :samuri:

Seriously though - hope you get some good miles out of it now - apparently frequent fluid changes are in order with even N/A drag racing.... I'd start a tranny fund and drive it like you stole it - nothing more fun than ragging out parts you know you are going to replace soon... The trick is not to take something else with it...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back