WOT install question on 05 GT

WickedSVT

Reaction score
I was installing my WOT box Thursday and got the throttle, cruise, and crank wires hooked up but ran out of time to finish. I pulled my car back in the garage (it started up here).
Well yesterday I went to finish the ignition wires and here's where my problems started. First thing, the directions that came with it were for an 03/04 Cobra, no problem. I went off the directions on N2MB's website for 05/06. I cut the 2 red wires coming out of the the connector and spliced the red (of the red and black pair) to the connector side and the black to the harness side. Hooked up the ground and went to start my car.

My car wouldn't start, it would only keep turning over, but the WOT was working. One of my questions is am I in the right connector under the BEC box. Is it the connector closest to the strut tower? The directions never said which one.

Well I ended up cutting the wires and hooking the connector back to the harness so I could drive it. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Also I don't know if it's related but my auto up drivers side window won't work. I have to hold up on the switch to roll it up. When I open the door the window drops and when I shut it it won't go back up. I have to go to the passenger side and reach across to roll it up.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hows your battery? The window needs reprogramed you can find the procedure on here or in the manual. As for the wot box wiring, havin done that one yet.

WickedSVT

Reaction score
Battery is good, it's only 1 1/2 years old. I'll try out the reprogram on the widow. Thanks

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
directions were dead on for mine, i cant really remember exactly what they said but i do remember they had letters for the 3 connectors that went to the ecu. then for the coil wires you had to pull up the fuse box and its actually 2 wires you have to cut and splice back into.picture #17 in the instructions.

WickedSVT

Reaction score
directions were dead on for mine, i cant really remember exactly what they said but i do remember they had letters for the 3 connectors that went to the ecu. then for the coil wires you had to pull up the fuse box and its actually 2 wires you have to cut and splice back into.picture #17 in the instructions.

Got that. T- Top B- Middle E- Bottom. Have them spliced, it was just when I spliced into the two from the fuse box is when I had problems. I still have the the 3 wires from the WOT box that go to the ECU connected.

I'll have to take some pics, maybe that'll help to see what I did wrong.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Got that. T- Top B- Middle E- Bottom. Have them spliced, it was just when I spliced into the two from the fuse box is when I had problems. I still have the the 3 wires from the WOT box that go to the ECU connected.

I'll have to take some pics, maybe that'll help to see what I did wrong.

was the wire you cut into on the car a pair of wires? or was it a single red wire?

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It should have been a pair of red wires that are thicker then the rest of the wires. I will post up that page in a few minutes for you.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
IF you got the PCM ones right you have just three cables left, a pair of black and red and a separate black (which is usually not a shinny as the paired one).

The separate black goes to a ground (I usually lay it out with the others at the PCM and strap with a holed terminal to the grounds that go to the frame in front of the PCM) and the other two to the fuse box on the cable that feeds the coils (it is a pair of reds) the red one goes to the fuse (it also works by feeding power to the WOTBOX) and the black one to the harness that goes to the coils.

WickedSVT

Reaction score
Yep they were a pair of red ones on the connector closest to the strut tower. They were bigger gauge than the others.

I spliced the two red from the connector side to the red wire and the black of the red and black pair to the two red in the harness side. I even soldered them so they should have a good connection. The single black ground I hooked up with the ground on the strut tower.

I'll probably just have to go back over everything and make sure everything is right.
Thanks for all the help.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Yep they were a pair of red ones on the connector closest to the strut tower. They were bigger gauge than the others.

I spliced the two red from the connector side to the red wire and the black of the red and black pair to the two red in the harness side. I even soldered them so they should have a good connection. The single black ground I hooked up with the ground on the strut tower.

I'll probably just have to go back over everything and make sure everything is right.
Thanks for all the help.

you got it plugged in right? blue light comes on?

WickedSVT

Reaction score
Yep. When I had everything connected and the car wouldn't start I checked to see if atleast the WOT box was working. The light flashed like the directions said for the wot and the 2 step. That's what I didn't understand why it wouldn't start and the wot box was working.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Yep. When I had everything connected and the car wouldn't start I checked to see if atleast the WOT box was working. The light flashed like the directions said for the wot and the 2 step. That's what I didn't understand why it wouldn't start and the wot box was working.

all the lights flashing works off the ecu wires you already hooked up. the red/black wire that goes to the fuse box is what actually cuts the coils so it will only rev to what ever limit you program it for.only thing i can think of is either the box is defective or you got the wires backwards. you did hook the red wire to the fuse box and the black(which will have a red strip on it) wire to the wires that went out in the wiring harness right?

WickedSVT

Reaction score
all the lights flashing works off the ecu wires you already hooked up. the red/black wire that goes to the fuse box is what actually cuts the coils so it will only rev to what ever limit you program it for.only thing i can think of is either the box is defective or you got the wires backwards. you did hook the red wire to the fuse box and the black(which will have a red strip on it) wire to the wires that went out in the wiring harness right?

Yep, had them hooked up right.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Well what is going on with these problem. Did you got it runing???

I am bout to install mine soon and i want to learn if is any problems.....

Also are the cables easy to identify in the conectors? as far as the cruise control cable, the crank and the accelerator cable.

WOT BOX:

• Blue cable to a white
  • Green cable to a white also.
is kind of confusing all in the same middle conector......
where is the pin number located in the front of the conector?????

Back