Would it be worth swapping from upr pro kit springs to H&R race springs?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been looking at the H&R race springs for my 05 GT Vert, I'm currently running the UPR pro kit springs I purchased years ago and never used on a previous car. Not sure at that time who was making them etc. I bought them on ebay as Eibach springs but when they arrived they said UPR by Eibach. It was there pro kit version . They describe them these days as lowering the car 1.3/1.4 inch drop.

Would it be worth while to swtich these out for H&R race springs. I doubt ill see any noticeable ride quality but Im unsure. The difference in the dropped may also not be enough to justify?

Anyone running H&R springs? Your thoughts, opinion's?

Thanks

How my car currently sets

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I know it's not exactly the same spring as you are inquiring about, but FWIW, I am running H&R Supersport springs and I love them. Perfect ride height, and paired with Tokico D-specs, the ride is pretty decent for a lowered car. And it handles pretty good at the auto cross and track day events as well.

I had Eibach Pros paired with Eibach Pro dampers on my 07 GT/CS Vert, and although I loved the stance, the ride sucked in comparison.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
H&R race springs are quite a bit stiffer than Eibach Pro springs, and around 50 lb/in stiffer than the Super Sport springs. Not sure they'd be a good fit for a street-driven convertible that's already 10 years old - they're really more of an autocross or track day spring that you'd buy more for the stiffness than for the lowering (after all, they are called 'race' . . .).

How long have you been running the Eibachs on this car, and why do you want to change them out now?

Norm

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
And really not quite sure by what you mean with "are they worth it?" Do you want your car lower? Do you mind the stiffer ride? How badly do you want to lower it? And what is the cost of the springs? Not the dollar amount. What are you giving up to get these?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
The pro kit springs have been on almost a year...

The car has 51k miles on it

I just want it lower in all honesty and I know coil overs or air ride is best....just seeing if I will notice any ride hide difference with the h&r springs...

As for cost I figure I could pull mine and sale the here or cl and get maybe 80-100 and ive seen some used sets on here and other places for about $150

Basically I want to see if anyone has switched before to h&r and if it lowered their car much more than the previous springs...

Or is there a different spring?

As for ride...im not totally concerned with that as im used to my TTop and it is stiff as a board..im basically after looks. ...

So whats the lowest anyone has gone with just springs with out tire rub extra

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
I've run them on my past 2 cars, and IMO, They are perfect!! No problem for DD and great on the track. I say go for it. You will love them. They are not that stiff,

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
if you're lookin for drop, you can't get much lower than sportlines as far as springs go. I'm almost on the bumpstops in the rear with mine.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I've run them on my past 2 cars, and IMO, They are perfect!! No problem for DD and great on the track. I say go for it. You will love them. They are not that stiff,
Keep in mind that OP has a 2005 convertible (much less rigid than the coupes), and that even in 2005 Ford was fitting slightly softer springs to the convertibles. As far as I know, that's common industry practice for long-term durability reasons.

Norm

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Any pictures of your car on the sportlines?

kinda hard to tell by the shadows but it's level because these are eibachs in the rear an sr springs up front. eibachs up front will give it more of a raked look.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back