WTB: Flatbed Car Trailer (in SoCal)

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a flatbed trailer to use for my Mustang. If anyone knows of one in good shape in the SoCal area, please let me know.

don_w

Reaction score
I came across this one locally. It is made by Eagle and is brand new (never used) and has a PowerBuilt winch, tandem axles, removable fenders, braking system, and an open deck. Its rated at 7000 lb. GW, and is 8.5 ft. wide and 16 ft. 3 in. long. The seller is asking $2,100. I'm planning on going to see it on Friday. Sounds like it might be a good deal.

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn that's a good deal to me - I'd jump on it...:thumb:

don_w

Reaction score
Damn that's a good deal to me - I'd jump on it...:thumb:
I hope it is as good as it seems when I see it in person on Friday. I'd love to get it, and be set for towing the car to out-of-town tracks. This would be good timing for FFW next month! :thumb:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love that it already has a wench...:clap: This is exactly what I have been shopping around for lately as well...:beer:

don_w

Reaction score
I love that it already has a wench...:clap: This is exactly what I have been shopping around for lately as well...:beer:
I wish it came with a "wench"! hahah

PirateWench.jpg

But yea, a winch was something I was going to add anyway, so having one there already is a bonus. I also like the removable fenders. :thumb:

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cool, you are getting a lot of things together, congratulations. is this to complete dona's gift. :)

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
If that falls through try to find a Texas Roll-Back Trailer.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don make sure when the car is on the trailer and you open the door it clears the fenders. Very important or you will be crawling out the window or if it rains like it did on me you will be crawling out the trunk. Just for the record John crawled out the trunk not me.

don_w

Reaction score
Don make sure when the car is on the trailer and you open the door it clears the fenders. Very important or you will be crawling out the window or if it rains like it did on me you will be crawling out the trunk. Just for the record John crawled out the trunk not me.
I'm hoping the removable fenders will solve that dilemma...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the fenders are removable if the tires are still in the way.

On the flip-side, you through a nice D ring on the front bumper and you can just winch it up with the doors closed...

don_w

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the fenders are removable if the tires are still in the way.
The fender looks to be about 4" taller than the tires (see pic above), so I'm hoping that the door will clear the tires. Just to be sure, I'm going to measure the height of the tire above the trailer bed and compare it to the distance between the bottom of the door and the ground. Ed (msgt46270) is going to measure that on his car for me today (since I don't have my car right now).

On the flip-side, you through a nice D ring on the front bumper and you can just winch it up with the doors closed...
Yes indeed... the winch would be Plan B. hahah

Last edited:

don_w

Reaction score
The fender looks to be about 4" taller than the tires (see pic above), so I'm hoping that the door will clear the tires. Just to be sure, I'm going to measure the height of the tire above the trailer bed and compare it to the distance between the bottom of the door and the ground. Ed (msgt46270) is going to measure that on his car for me today (since I don't have my car right now).
Ed just sent me this pic... looks like he has 11.5" of clearance on his. We have equivalent diameter tires, and both have stock springs, so the ride height should be close to the same.

DSC02851s.jpg

MSgt46270

Reaction score
That trailer looks real go Don, hope it works out for you. If someone needs to crawl out the truck, there's always Donna. J/K LOL.

That's a nice picture I took, I should take pictures for a job since I can't race my car!!!!! :roflmao:

don_w

Reaction score
That trailer looks real go Don, hope it works out for you. If someone needs to crawl out the truck, there's always Donna. J/K LOL.

That's a nice picture I took, I should take pictures for a job since I can't race my car!!!!! :roflmao:
I'll hire you as a photog... but I don't pay much. hahaha :beerdrink:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
$2100????? You better buy it or I'm sending the boss down there to get it. That's a great buy on that trailer. Around here anything like that with a winch is over $3500.

Now, if it has a "wench" the price goes up dramatically unless there's a divorce from said "wench" involved. :roflmao:

don_w

Reaction score
Beer works...:beer:
Indeed it does. :beer:

$2100????? You better buy it or I'm sending the boss down there to get it. That's a great buy on that trailer. Around here anything like that with a winch is over $3500.
Unless there is something terribly wrong with it when I see it, I fully expect to buy it.

Now, if it has a "wench" the price goes up dramatically unless there's a divorce from said "wench" involved. :roflmao:
I thought it was the divorce part that got expensive?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back