WTB: Quarter Window Removal Kit

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan to keep your old 1/4 windows for something...there's a simple way. Use duct tape or painters tape to tape over the window from the inside. Gently tap on the glass to shatter it and just peel it out.

One of mine had been replaced at some point and the glass shop couldn't get it out so they asked if I needed them for any reason. I said "no" and we proceeded to just break them out.

Just an idea...LOL.

RH

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Unless you plan to keep your old 1/4 windows for something...there's a simple way. Use duct tape or painters tape to tape over the window from the inside. Gently tap on the glass to shatter it and just peel it out.

One of mine had been replaced at some point and the glass shop couldn't get it out so they asked if I needed them for any reason. I said "no" and we proceeded to just break them out.

Just an idea...LOL.

RH

LOL Ronnie! I have a friend over here who said the same thing. I would like to keep them intact and see if I can sell them.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
John, are you going with the SHR window louvers? I noticed that you took off the other ones you had on your car. I am thinking of making that switch. Those SHR louvers are just so clean looking! If you do it, PLEASE do a write up and post it in the forum.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
John just remember, painters tape is your friend when removing your factory glass. Try to work it as deep down in the crack around the glass as you can and put at least 2 layers before you even try to work the tool through. Take your time "sawing" out the old adhesive. Did you buy the adhesive with your louvers?

I put about a 3/16" space (3 each side) so that the l louver would be more flush. They were just some little plastic spacers I had in my shop.

KevDon92

forum member
Reaction score
DON'T USE PAINTER'S TAPE...I HAD 3 layers and still managed to cut through when doing the second window. Use DUCT TAPE! It will leave more residue but is much more durable. I wish I would've used it.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
DON'T USE PAINTER'S TAPE...I HAD 3 layers and still managed to cut through when doing the second window. Use DUCT TAPE! It will leave more residue but is much more durable. I wish I would've used it.

Good point. But I didn't have any trouble using the painters tape. You could always put a layer of Painters tape first and duct tape on top of it so you didn't have to deal with the residue from the duct tape.

John I am trying to ship the tool to you today. If work will leave me alone. Lol

Sent from iPhone

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Didn't get back to PO today to ship. Have it boxed and ready. Goes out first thing Monday. Sorry I didn't get it out today. Dang job! Lol

Sent from iPhone

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back