WTB- Weld drag lites XP fronts.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im looking for some XP drag lites for the fronts. My bogart fronts keep blowing out cause I do a little driving on the street.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im looking for some XP drag lites for the fronts. My bogart fronts keep blowing out cause I do a little driving on the street.

What do you mean by "blowing out"? Once I get drag wheels, I intend to keep them on most of the time too, and I'd drive to local cruises and shows on them. Is there some inherent flaw in the Bogarts?

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Bogart Billet lites all around, and 2 times this happened to me. The inner wheel on the bogart fronts split, or cracked. Ill take pics later of it, when I go to my storage unit. I got home and I heard a leak, and the when I took it off I immediately checked the inner of the wheel and it was cracked. This is the second time this happened. Different wheel.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have the Bogart Billet lites all around, and 2 times this happened to me. The inner wheel on the bogart fronts split, or cracked. Ill take pics later of it, when I go to my storage unit. I got home and I heard a leak, and the when I took it off I immediately checked the inner of the wheel and it was cracked. This is the second time this happened. Different wheel.
Have you talked to Rich Bogart about it? What does he say?

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you talked to Rich Bogart about it? What does he say?

I talked to him last time it happened and he said it was from driving with a radial tire up front. He told me they are for use with a bias ply up front only. I asked him about the rear and he said a radial is fine for the rears.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
They are not ment for everyday driving, Normal road bumps at speed can hurt the Bogarts. Pot holes suck!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I talked to him last time it happened and he said it was from driving with a radial tire up front. He told me they are for use with a bias ply up front only. I asked him about the rear and he said a radial is fine for the rears.
Thanks... good info. I plan on running bias tires anyway. And at the track only.

They are not ment for everyday driving, Normal road bumps at speed can hurt the Bogarts. Pot holes suck!
What about cars (not mine) that pull big wheelstands? Sometimes they come down pretty hard.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
coming down on a flat surface is one thing. Driving along and hitting bumps, and pot holes is a differnt animal. Plus turning puts a lot of stress on them. Rememeber not to many turns with on a drag strip with lots of stress!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back