15 x 8 Racestars

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it is lowered and not really sure about what you're asking on the second part.

they are fine for the street, I'm sure the 15 x 3.75 front make it a bit dicey if you have to turn but there are guys using them on the street, I am going to use them on the street when I get them

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they did say the washer would get circular marks on them from tightening them down. I went with 15 x 3.75s

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
i have been driving with my fronts on since i got them,no problems so far even crossing train tracks at 45.on the other hand my drag radials lasted me 2 months only.i just put a new set on friday.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If that happens to me i just going to put new washers. Better ones maybe from lowe's...

I would not do that, the washers have a specific offset for the opening to make sure the wheel is straight on the lugs.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
damn that means we will have to buy a lot of washers... Well at least i am just planing to use them to drive to the track then race and come back.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I would not do that, the washers have a specific offset for the opening to make sure the wheel is straight on the lugs.

what tires are you using?

Do you think these tire will work for me counting that i just want it for the track..

FRONT---
Tire, Mt Et Front, 26"X4.5" - 15", Bias-Ply, Tubeless

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MTT-3007

REAR---
26x10.5-15 ET Street

http://www.blowbyracing.com/26etst.html

i ask because i have no idea about tires. The only thing i know is that Nitto sucks for drag, they have no traction and i need something really good at least to drop the clutch at 4 to 5k rpm.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well, Mike seemed to say the washers getting circle marks was normal and ok to continue to use. If you get them seated properly there should be no issue, torque to 85-88lbs and you'll be ok, from what he told me. I screwed mine up on the first install as to the seating.

for the rears I have MT ET SR 275/50/15s on 15 x 8s, the fronts I have not decided on yet. I would like a 27"-28" tire for the front and have not spent enough time yet to find one. I would also like a radial for the front as I would like to use the tires on the street.

The ones you posted should work.

Last edited:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
well, Mike seemed to say the washers getting circle marks was normal and ok to continue to use. If you get them seated properly there should be no issue, torque to 85-88lbs and you'll be ok, from what he told me. I screwed mine up on the first install as to the seating.

for the rears I have MT ET SR 275/50/15s on 15 x 8s, the fronts I have not decided on yet. I would like a 27"-28" tire for the front and have not spent enough time yet to find one. I would also like a radial for the front as I would like to use the tires on the street.

The ones you posted should work.

the ones i posted in the front says bias-ply i dont know what is that i thought they were radials.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Use the triple chrome plated McGard lugs (guaranteed forever) and the McGard polished offset stainless steel washers. Plus they are made in Western NY.

I use them on my Greg Weld wheels on my fox-body. And palan to use them on the Race Stars I plan to buy for the 2005 I just bought.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back