18x10 wheel for track use, vorshlag?

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_268&products_id=505

anyone on this forum run these? ive been wanting to step the game up a little and im thinking the switch to 285's or 295's once i wear out my current 275 NT-01 setup. $309 a pop isnt too bad either for such a lightweight wheel...

they are 18x10 and only 19.2 lbs each. so i would be losing a ton of rotational weight from my GT500 wheels. any opinions?

ct07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Another option is the Enkei PF01, Strano sells them in 9.5 and 10.5 width.

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
No direct experience with these. Look like contenders.

Of course, you can also get Enkei PF01 or RPF-1 wheels in this size for the same weight and cost (marginally higher at around $320 ea.). I prefer the Enkei style personally, and my 18x10" RPF-1s came in under 19 lbs ea...though, they do require modest 1/8" spacers to clear the Stoptech calipers with more than a hair's width clearance.

Best,
-j

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
Check with Vorshlag/Terry, but I don't believe they are available just yet. Soon though.

anyone on this forum run these? ive been wanting to step the game up a little and im thinking the switch to 285's or 295's once i wear out my current 275 NT-01 setup. $309 a pop isnt too bad either for such a lightweight wheel...

they are 18x10 and only 19.2 lbs each. so i would be losing a ton of rotational weight from my GT500 wheels. any opinions?

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Interested in getting a set of these as a 2nd set of track wheels probably next year if they are still making em

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
a deal better than $309 a pop? pm me if you dont mind....

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
No direct experience with these. Look like contenders.

Of course, you can also get Enkei PF01 or RPF-1 wheels in this size for the same weight and cost (marginally higher at around $320 ea.). I prefer the Enkei style personally, and my 18x10" RPF-1s came in under 19 lbs ea...though, they do require modest 1/8" spacers to clear the Stoptech calipers with more than a hair's width clearance.

Best,
-j

thats the one problem i dont want spacers of any kind. i got a pm from 2 different people and i am really liking the PF01 wheel in black....choices, choices, choices....

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
Yeah, the PF01's have oodles of space! They were my first track-set and I tried them out on a Brembo equipped car - no problem clearing those.

The RPF1's do clear the Stoptech calipers by a super-thin margin, and I know one guy who runs them as-is with no spacer. I don't know how much he tracks his car, but I wasn't comfortable with such a minimal clearance under heavy use (thus the 3mm spacers). I should add that if I had Brembo calipers, I'd need a hell of a lot thicker spacer to make them work, and I would not have gone that route. With the ARP studs, I don't think twice about the little spacer I run now.

Best,
-j

2008 V6

forum member
Reaction score
The Enkie PF01 & RPF01 are lug-centric with a 73mm Center boar. The Vorshlags are supposedly hub-centric. I didn't like the way they look. I have the Enkie 18 x 9.5 PF01s & made hub centric rings for them - installed with anti-seize - works well. Probably not necessary but easy to center when installing lug nuts. For a cast wheel, the Enkies are not bad - didn’t require too much weight to balance when I checked a rim - Only checked 1- don’t remember how much was needed but wasn't much.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
I would love to run the Vorshlag/D-Force wheels but STX rules are pretty crappy about wheel widths (9" max) and tire widths (265mm) so they are not even on the list. At this point I'm running the stock 18x8.5's with 245/45/18 Star Specs. We will see how they do this season. I know I'm under-tired but there isn't much I can do about that until these Star Specs get worn out! :)

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score

Not sure if it'll make a difference, but a closer reading of their description states their production wheels are 1lb heavier than said 19.2 lbs but rated for 1800 lbs each. Still not bad for 20 lb wheels...

I've been looking a lot into enkei RP03s which come 18x9.5 +38. They are 21lbs each but cost about $340 each... so these have it beat in all aspects. Hmm...

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
Broken D-force Wheel

For those of you considering getting the Dforce Wheels. This was done at Carolina Motorsports Park by Mike Skeen, google him if you do not know who he is. From what he states he wasn't riding the rough curbs at all, the rim ultimately broke on a smooth section of the track

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
That is not a D-Force wheel, at least it's not the one they sell for the Mustang. Just look at the hub face and the lug bores, totally different wheel. Not to mention it's only a 4-lug. That is probably a 5Zigen or however the fuck you spell it FN01RC

DSC6028a-M.jpg

Last edited:

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
And FWIW, an E46 guy that is a track rat near me runs the Dforce 18x10s on his BMW and he has managed to bend a few of them going off-track or "into things", but he has been able to have each damaged wheel trued.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back