2006 GT with Supershaker issues

Swanky197

forum member
Reaction score
2006 Msuatng gt
Saleen supershaker
bbk shorty headers

Had a bad exhaust leak which I thought was causing codes so I just replaced the headers. That fixed the loud exhuast leak problem. But, I still have two issues:

1. Po171 and p0174 codes. From what I read its either exhaust leak, vaccum leak, o2 sensor, or dirty maf sensor. No exhaust link since it was just replaced and looked over. Any reccomendations on how to figure it out?

2. Pulley squeeksbut if I turn on the a/c the noise goes away. It sounds like its coming from the pulley coming off the supercharger. Im ordering the supercharger pulley and new belt. Anything else I should do just in case?

I appreciate any help

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
I would lean towards a dirty MAF. Did you clean your air filter recently?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
The noise is the belt - I doubt the pulley.

I would guess the maf or the filter considering the openness of the Supershaker. Years ago, Kenneth on here had a bug get pass the filter and caused issues.

Swanky197

forum member
Reaction score
Im cleaning the air filter and checking maf.

Im gonna get a new belt and hopefully that fixes the issue

Swanky197

forum member
Reaction score
Should I change the pulleys as well since its the stock pulleys and ive heard people have issues with them?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
My guess the belt will correct the noise - I wouldn't think it is the supercharger pulley. The pulley is a "fixed" item and spins the supercharger rotor/nose. Idler pulley or AC pulley maybe, but not the SC. Belt is probably slightly stretched.

What size SC pulley? I started with stock (non- supershaker), then the Saleen extreme kit pulley, then the Supershaker kit pulley and now the 3.6 pulley. I have a 3.5 pulley but I would need a bap to be safe. It is in the parts closet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back