Charcoal Vapor Hose

Droptop50

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Mustang Shelby GT/SC with 14K miles on it. My concerns started when I couldn't get the care to completed a drive cycle. Evap, O2 and Cats not ready after driving over 300 miles. I've replaced the BBK highflow cats with Magnaflow cats and drove approx 60 miles still with no luck. I checked for DTC and there are no current or stored DTCs. I conducted a evap leak test with my OBD2 reader and it failed; however, I ran another scan and it shows no DTC codes.

Next, I conducted a smoke test on the evap system from the intake to the purge valve and from the purge valve to the charcoal canister and there was no leak until after the charcoal canister's vapor hose. Part #Ford (AR3Z-9G297-A).

This hose runs from the canister along the passenger sided of the car then goes up through the floor right in front of the rear right passenger seat into a channel were I can't see where it terminates. I'm guessing it's just an open hose. Can anyone confirm this with pictures or a diagram of this hose and where it ends? If all is well and it truly is an open line I guess I just need to keep driving the car to get the sensors ready.

Thoughts?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know you've driven a lot of miles, however, there is a very specific drive cycle in the manual, did you follow it? It's about the sequence and types of driving > total miles driven.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back