2007 4.0 not starting after zex window switch install

Silverbullet07

Reaction score
hey guys, im a long time member over on Allfordmustangs.com, but i figured id hop on here to ask you guys some S197 specific questions.

i installed a zex nitrous system on my 07 v6, and i was installing the window switch today. well, after i tapped into my tach wire, and reconnected my battery, i started the car, and noticed my window switch wasnt reading the right rpms, like it was jumping all over the place. so i figured it was a bad connection where i tapped into the tach wire. well, without thinking, i didnt disconnect my battery, and i unplugged the plug going to my coil, cleaned up the slice connection. then i went to plug the plug back in, and i must have had some wire sticking out of the connector, and i think it hit my copper purge lines, because there was a huge spark. and when i went to start my car, all it does is crank. its like its not getting any spark. it does the exact same thing as if you went and unplugged your coil. your engine will crank, but not start.

any ideas what i should check? will my tuner read any codes?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Hook up a spark plug to one of the plug wires, make the the body of the plug is toching engine ground, and crank (or have someone else crank). If no spark, there's your issue (assuming the plug is grounded).
Possibly fried something. Although, I've unplugged the coil pack w/o diconnected the battery with no ill effect.
Or you've got something hooked up wrong.

Silverbullet07

Reaction score
Run the tuner first to see if any codes jump up first.

ok, will do, one question. im worried i may have fried my PCM. if i plug my tuner in, and my PCM is fried, will my tuner not recognize the car? like will i know right away if im out 500 bucks lol?

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
It was a fuse....luckily

Don't feel too bad...we have plenty of customers who forgot about the fuse. If it popped the fuse, I would recommend moving it to another circuit or do one of the "add-a-fuse" circuits.

Nick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back