2007 4.0 V6: Throttle Bog & Various O2 Codes ?

Dacoda Williams

Reaction score
Afternoon, I've got myself a 2007 V6 Mustang. Just started working the car back together for my nephew, so he can use it as his first car. In the last 6 months I've replaced the transmission, threw an axle-back on it, and replaced the EVAP canister. After prepping the car for its first road journey in over 2 years I'm yet stuck again after some disappointing results. The car seems to rev fine and do great under no load (Park/Neutral), but once its actually in gear it REALLY doesn't like to do anything, it will BOG/Hesitate and then catch and seem to run fine. I'll post a video along with a scan of the current codes. I'm really confused as to why I have BOTH a P2196 and p2197, which one is bank lean and the other bank is rich ??? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Link to a video of what is going on, In the video I go WOT and you can see a 5-6 second delay before anything happens:

IMG_2358.png

Dacoda Williams

Reaction score
You need to watch live data and see if the sensor is switching from rich to lean while running.
Got ya, based on what data I get what would you recommend next? I may be able to check her out tomorrow afternoon, I can drop the datalog file if that would help too.

wildlifeguy

Reaction score
For now, I wouldn't worry too much about the sensor 2 because it should not affect driveability. I think a start would be to see what the o2 sensor voltages look like when running. Watching a graph of both sensors next to each other, they should look very similar consistently switching voltage from low to high. In my limited experience, if a sensor is stuck at 0v or 1v and not oscillating, then it is probably a bad sensor. Maybe first, for grins, clean the Mass Airflow Sensor. Are you getting any misfires? I bought a cheap OBD2 bluetooth adapter and use a free cellphone scanning app and can get some basic useful information from it. Another thing you can do that is fairly easy is switch the 2 O2 sensors and see if the code follows the sensor or stays on the same side.

Back