2007 Mustang GT/CS New member ?'s

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 2007 GT/CS yesterday, is there a number in the VIN, or a code that determines if a GT is a CS?

It has the stripes outside, not the seats, and I'm starting to wonder about the CS part...

How much of an added value is a CS?

Drove the car home last night about 200 miles and loved it, but its for the wife, so she's gonna be the one to enjoy it most.

Thanks for any help or guidance, Phil

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Rolled exhaust tips, special wheels round out that package. I thought they all had a CAI but maybe not.

I can't comment accurately on the added value. Probably not very much!

Welcome to the forum.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome

Do you have pictures of the car? Unfortunately Ford's VIN decoder doesn't seem to work anymore. However, you can get a window sticker from Ford - or maybe one of the guys who work at a dealer that are members can pull it up, get the real details on the CS question.

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Here are some...

Attachments

• 00D0D_cFOudko7mNm_600x450.jpg
    00D0D_cFOudko7mNm_600x450.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 00s0s_2WYbzjMXNKy_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_2WYbzjMXNKy_600x450.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 28
  • 00u0u_9DqC9OvHhUy_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_9DqC9OvHhUy_600x450.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 00S0S_aFfGgBTfEEW_600x450.jpg
    00S0S_aFfGgBTfEEW_600x450.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 24

GTSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
Bumpers check, side scoop check, stripe check. Not sure about the exhaust. The GT/CS stangs also have the two tone interior, either gray/black or tan/black. The seats and the door panels are two tone.

The wing is aftermarket and the radiator cover extension pieces are also aftermarket so the car has been "touched".

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wheels and hood are also correct for a CS

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Thanks, I pulled a Carfax on it, nothing noted there as a CS.

Here is some of the interior...

And more.

I gave $10K for it with 93K on it.

Attachments

• 00b0b_fMSWkeEfIT5_600x450.jpg
    00b0b_fMSWkeEfIT5_600x450.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 00s0s_2WYbzjMXNKy_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_2WYbzjMXNKy_600x450.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27
  • 00707_2vLY4k1NstZ_600x450.jpg
    00707_2vLY4k1NstZ_600x450.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 20

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the seats look like aftermarket leather IMO, very easy to swap seats, I cannot recall anyone going to the trouble of swapping all those other parts to make a GT a GT/CS

my .02

GTSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
the seats look like aftermarket leather IMO, very easy to swap seats, I cannot recall anyone going to the trouble of swapping all those other parts to make a GT a GT/CS

my .02

Your right. They could be aftermarket.

I ran my CS VIN through this site

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Ford/MUSTANG

and while it doesn't specify california special it does say some stuff that leads to it as:

Front Floor Mats With Logo
With Rolled Exhaust Tips
Premium Marketing Trim

and this for the door panel which should match as I am black/tan interior as well

Nudo/Aberdn Leather/Contrast Insert

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Looks like I have a GT/CS, and some bozo changed the seats. And tossed the floor mats, not a hard thing to get rid of.

I know the PO had changed the spoiler and some other stuff, the wheels are 18X10's in the rear, which work pretty well.

So, question I have is: Where to buy a CS interior from a wreck and where to buy some of those nifty floor mats?

Thanks, I really appreciate all the help! Phil

HeavyDuty

Reaction score

You send them $80 and if its not, it comes back rejected and they keep your dough?

If mine has the original interior, which it shows on the checklist, and its a two tone dash and door panels, with the wheels and everything else, my guess is someone changed the seats out. The rest would be a pain to do, just to change it to a model that seems to have little added value.

Its not like its a 6 cylinder car that was dressed up. That would be bad. :)

I'm gonna figure that its a CS, if not, I won't lose any sleep, its a great car so far and my wife loves it. She's happy, I'm happy.

blacllkllsi

forum member
Reaction score
You send them $80 and if its not, it comes back rejected and they keep your dough?

If mine has the original interior, which it shows on the checklist, and its a two tone dash and door panels, with the wheels and everything else, my guess is someone changed the seats out. The rest would be a pain to do, just to change it to a model that seems to have little added value.

Its not like its a 6 cylinder car that was dressed up. That would be bad. :)

I'm gonna figure that its a CS, if not, I won't lose any sleep, its a great car so far and my wife loves it. She's happy, I'm happy.
No, you would not be charged. The certificate is $45 iirc. I paid for a window sticker as well, although I have my original since I am the original owner, but the info was wiped from fords data base so I was not charged for it. I did get my certificate of authenticity, but I already knew what I had, the certificate was just a nice thing for me to have.

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
No, you would not be charged. The certificate is $45 iirc. I paid for a window sticker as well, although I have my original since I am the original owner, but the info was wiped from fords data base so I was not charged for it. I did get my certificate of authenticity, but I already knew what I had, the certificate was just a nice thing for me to have.

Thanks. I'm probably not going to keep it 'all' original anyway. Its been molested and not really a collectors piece. I'm looking at black powder coat on the wheels and a rear louver as well. Gonna update the stereo to a screen with bluetooth and GPS. Will definitely take some seats if I can find the originals to go in- not sure if the covers will work on my existing seats, and the drivers seat will need to be done in the next 6 months or so.

I appreciate the help! Phil

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back