2010-2012 HID headlights to 2013 HID headlights conversion

martin_nj

czesc!
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm with the ballasts are the same between the '13 and '12?

Unfort my '12 doesn't have HIDs so I can't do the legwork myself

wholeeoh

Reaction score
i got a pair of '13 headlights for sale if any1 else is interested...only bad part is the top tabs are broken on each of them..will keep track of this thread so i can answer questions if ppl ask...i actually thought they would be direct transfer from '12 to '13

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
HID question. I just put a set of '12 projectors on my '12. I used the same 3 wires the halogen plug had then added two power circuits for the remaining wire. Low beams are great, high beams just flash for a split second then turn off. I tried to reprogram the GEM module with a factory HID vin, but it wasn't playing nice today.

Is that the difference? The SJB/ GEM only outputs 12V to the shutters momentarily to activate high beams, versus continuous for a halogen lamp setup?

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
funny you mention that my High beams on my 12 headlights do this on my 08 too. i changed the fuse but still not working

AssassinGT

Reaction score
The lights on ebay seem to be going for around 250 now with broken tabs.. I'm tempted to buy a set and try this. How hard do you think the job is? My 2011 GT doesn't have factory HID's.. but stock Halogens.. which is why I wanted to upgrade to the 2013's.. :[

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
From 2012 hid to 13 hid it needed a new harness. We abandoned the project. It can be done but it wasn't worth to us

AssassinGT

Reaction score
Do you think it's possible for someone like me who is not so electrically inclined? I'd def have to pay someone to do it for me.. lol I'd have no clue how to do it myself.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back