2010 mustang gt dyno

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
took my new 2010 to excessive motorsport in manassas,va today installed an o/r x pipe and flowmaster axle back. put the car on the dyno with 87 octane still from the dealership and no tune
it laid down 302.4hp and 322.2tq im pretty happy with that.

kona1.jpg

kona2.jpg

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a prick, but that number is extremely high. His dyno may be a little off.

Ours in stock form made 270 / 303

I can't see yours making 30 more hp and 20 more tq.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I believe his dyno might have read that. What I'm saying is that his dyno may not be calibrated correctly. That number is very high.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not discounting the paper they gave you, but do a search and you'll see your numbers are pretty high for only having an o/r x. The Flowmasters don't gain you anything.

Nice looking front end by the way...still having a hard time with the Euro style rear end.

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
have had plenty of cars come there from all other kinds of dynos and nobody else has had a problem saying that his dyno is off just you guys why is that? is there something i need to get to prove to youll?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nah Man, you don't need to prove anything. It's just that you're car is putting some very high numbers compared to all other 05+ Mustangs. Not trying to dog you or anything, but like I said in my previous post, do a few searches and you will not find a stock car with only an o/r x putting up those kind of numbers. Do you have any other engine mods?

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
nope car is bone stock 2010 with o/r x and flowmasters wasnt even planning on puttin it on the dyno till i broke it in some more and it was a spur the moment thing it pulled 293.3 first pull 299.1 2nd pull and 302.4 the last pull

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Not knocking you dude. Not by any means. I'm just saying that those numbers compared to every other 05-09 & 2010 Mustang's w/ the 4.6L 3V engine are about 30 hp & 20 tq higher. Maybe you have a freak of nature. But i'm willing to bet that his dyno is slightly off.

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
once again if you give me the info you need to prove his dyno is accurate id be more than happy to get it and post it!!! or im going to mustang week this week there having a dyno on site mabe ill throw it on there and see what it makes and see what the difference is if any..no offense but probly any dyno i use unless its yours you prolly wont believe thats just the way it is between performance shops

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Besides, you shouldnt get so hung up on a dyno number,Did you get a baseline pull done when it was completely stock? If not, then it doesnt matter cuz there is nothing to compare it to..Get it to the track and see what she runs..Then you will know if the,always higher than a Mustang dyno, is accurate or not..

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
nah i should have but i really hadnt planned on it till the last second before i do anything else i mite put it back to stock its only axle backs and x pipe and make a few pulls and see what it runs then ill know what the difference is but itll have to wait till i get back from myrtle beach this week.. i know dyno # dont mean much the times are all that matters i was just posting what it made and ive never heard anybody else say his dyno is off.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He is right though, dynos can be off-calibrated..And then there are some that like to "massage" the numbers..just sayin

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
once again if you give me the info you need to prove his dyno is accurate id be more than happy to get it and post it!!! or im going to mustang week this week there having a dyno on site mabe ill throw it on there and see what it makes and see what the difference is if any..no offense but probly any dyno i use unless its yours you prolly wont believe thats just the way it is between performance shops

Dude, don't get all pissy. It's not a battle between performance shops. Trust me. Ask any big name company what they've seen for HP ratings on these new 2010's in STOCK FORM. It's not me saying your a liar. It's me saying his dyno is off.

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
idk my buddy pulled his 97 cobra before mine with a cold air intake and shorties o/r h and flowmasters msd coils and thats bout it for the motor and his final pull was 298.9

does that sound high also?

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
i understand that and im not gettin pissy but all the cars that have gone threw there and have had to prove there hp numbers ive never heard anybody say his dyno was off calibrated this is a first is all im saying

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
That's b/c you're comparing all those people that "come out of there" to the same dyno.

I'm not going to argue. I'm just making a statement. Those numbers are higher than the average 2010 by about 30 hp.

If they are true numbers, then CONGRATS! You have yourself a freak of nature.

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
i just talked to chris and he just got his computer stack back from dynojet like a month and a half ago so id say its calibrated correctly

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back