2010 mustang gt dyno

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
What makes you think yours is calibrated correctly?

b/c ours is consistent w/ numerous other dyno tuning facilities across the country. We compare tunes with out vehicles with many other top name tuners around the U.S. So, unless all these other dyno's across the country are wrong, I'd assume ours is correct. Not to mention, ours too was calibrated 10 days ago.

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
So if yours was calibrated and his was calibrated by dynojet why would they calibrate your correctly and not calibrate his correctly?? That wouldn't make
much sense to me

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
you're right, it sure doesn't.

I guess your car is just a freak of nature and makes more HP than all the rest of the 2010 Mustang GT's out there.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
remember guys there is alot of things that go in HP numbers. dynos (dynojet vs mustang dyno), dyno calibration, location, elevation, humidity, temp, etc.

Last edited:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Eh, take it to the track and post your numbers and that will show what your car can really do. If you're in the high 13s low 14s, then you know the calibration on that dyno is off. If you hit low 13s high 12s, then congrats, Ford gave you a nice present.

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
Eh, take it to the track and post your numbers and that will show what your car can really do. If you're in the high 13s low 14s, then you know the calibration on that dyno is off. If you hit low 13s high 12s, then congrats, Ford gave you a nice present.

that wont really prove anything it could have 500hp and not run high 12's if the person cant drive. and i dont claim to be any kind of bad ass drag racer. and im not the smallest guy in the world either but ill see what i can do our club has a drag day in august sometime ill prolly go to that

EXC06GT

Reaction score
we are the ones who dynoed brandons car. i have a dynojet 248c that has been recently updated and is extremly close to all the other dynojets in my area and others so i dont think that my dyno is that far off.his car feels really strong so i believe the numbers. the only other thing that brandon did not mention is that we took the silencer out and that made a difference.tha true test will be what it runs at the track not dyno numbers.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Holy crap those numbers are amazing, IMO they should be in the mid to maybe high 280's and not low 300's but like John said, more power to you if your those numbers are correct. My dad's 2007 GT/CS made 302rwhp, 315rwtq on a Dynojet with the same correction factor. :eek:

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
Those numbers are a bit high.
You can make a dyno read basically whatever you want, oldest trick in the crapy performance shop book.

With all that said their are things called factory freaks.
Take your car out to the drag strip there and only there you will find out what your car can do.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
There is a guy on another thread running 12.3 or so on a stock motor (no tune) with 4.30s an off road X i recall, something is up with the 2010! Seems a bit quicker than the 05 - 09

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
the 2010 has 315 crank hp (like the bullit) compared to 05-09 300 crank hp. maybe thats where some of the higher number are coming from...plus the shop just said they use a dynojet which read higher numbers than the Mustang Dynos....so if hes at 305rwhp on a dynojet he probably would be ~290rwhp on a mustang dyno.

EXC06GT

Reaction score
Those numbers are a bit high.
You can make a dyno read basically whatever you want, oldest trick in the crapy performance shop book.

With all that said their are things called factory freaks.
Take your car out to the drag strip there and only there you will find out what your car can do.

this is a inertia dyno so you cant make it read anything you want unlike a load bearing dyno.

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
I just love how some people on here know-it-all. Why are you guys giving this guy a hard time? His car made more power than yours did so you get your feelings hurt? BBR John, you of all people should know that different dynos show different numbers. Maybe BBR's dyno is off. Maybe BBR's customers should go to another shop if they want to see a more accurate number.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back