2011-12 5.0 boss front facsia with fog lights

06FMGT

forum member
Reaction score
For those that have installed the boss front lower fascia with fog lights, how or is there a way to retain the current fog lights and connect the fascia fog lights? if so what modifications do I need to do?

imsuchahotdog

forum member
Reaction score
Splice and connect both to each other. I don't know if it will draw too much electricity. But with the cs valance it comes with extensions to connect the bottom fogs

Sent from my Obama phone

Reaction score
Splice and connect both to each other. I don't know if it will draw too much electricity. But with the cs valance it comes with extensions to connect the bottom fogs

Sent from my Obama phone

I dunno if this would work. I would check this circuit fusing first, then check the wattage of the lamps. Its all DC, so just get the current from OHM's law... I'm sure there are probably other electrical components associated with that circuit too, so be careful and find a wiring diagram.. Just my .02.

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I ran a separate hot source from the battery. I had that run to a 40 amp relay but wired it so the Boss fogs came on with the parking lights and the standard in-grill GT fogs still worked independently with the headlight switch.

If you want the Boss fogs to come on with the GT fogs, you just splice those wires to/from the relay.

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if the Boss fascia has any provisions at all for the fogs as far as mounting? But since the Boss fascia is taken from the GT/CS (which has fogs) I'm sure you can retrofit them. Are you sure it is the Boss, not GT/CS fascia? Does it have the little spitter extensions?

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if the Boss fascia has any provisions at all for the fogs as far as mounting? But since the Boss fascia is taken from the GT/CS (which has fogs) I'm sure you can retrofit them. Are you sure it is the Boss, not GT/CS fascia? Does it have the little spitter extensions?

The Boss and GT/CS lower front fascia are the same and both have provisions for either fog lights or a brake cooling duct kit. Both the fogs and brake duct kit have to be purchased in addition as well as the Boss front splitter if you want to add that.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
The Boss and GT/CS lower front fascia are the same and both have provisions for either fog lights or a brake cooling duct kit. Both the fogs and brake duct kit have to be purchased in addition as well as the Boss front splitter if you want to add that.

The Boss one doesn't have any preinstalled mounting locations on it like the GT/CS one behind the front. I have had my buddies Boss fascia off, and helped another friend with a GT add a GT/CS one to his. They are slightly different, I remember us commenting on it. I am not refering to something you would add, the actual plastic was slightly different between the two...we all thought it was odd as the GT/CS had it first, then the Boss. Who knows....:boobies:

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
The Boss one doesn't have any preinstalled mounting locations on it like the GT/CS one behind the front. I have had my buddies Boss fascia off, and helped another friend with a GT add a GT/CS one to his. They are slightly different, I remember us commenting on it. I am not refering to something you would add, the actual plastic was slightly different between the two...we all thought it was odd as the GT/CS had it first, then the Boss. Who knows....:boobies:

Interesting. Didn't know that - I figured it would have been easier on Ford's part to just make the exact same part and put it on both cars....but what do I know ;)

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Just an FYI ... check your state and local laws on this. In many places it's illegal to have more than four forward facing lights on at once.

imsuchahotdog

forum member
Reaction score
if you do this please post pictures of it. i had been curious of doing this but wasnt sure how it would look. i was planning on running the gt fos hidden behind the saleen grille but just wasnt sure also since i dont mess with electrical and didnt wanna overload

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Yep ... I suppose you could just zip tie this to your grille for the same effect LOL

421fb0f790a20d20daa1c191b1f3f665.image.440x292.jpg

06FMGT

forum member
Reaction score
LOL. Im not going to end up doing it, too much work, plus like you mentioned to much lights.

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
J.Kidd sent me instructions on how to do it and it's very simple. If he doesn't mind I'd be glad to repost them.

I don't mind at all. Only thing I didn't mention is determining which wire on the Boss fogs is the hot one and which is the ground. Splice the hot one to your switch and and run the grounds to a ground ;)

Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can.

JDos1

forum member
Reaction score
J Kidd: "Basically I had a hot line directly from the battery to a 40 amp relay. The relay has 4 prongs on it. One is for the "power to" (which is the line from the battery). One is for a ground (which I ran to another ground bolt on the front radiator support underneath the plastic top shield). One gets tied in to the lights you want to trigger the switch (in my case, I spliced that line into a side marker light). The last prong is for the power to the foglights (once the switch is tripped)."

KtownStang

Reaction score
you can just splice the lowers into your parking lights & leave the uppers on switch control. That way you can run the lowers all the time when the lights are on & save the uppers if you need more lighting. Most states do have laws on more than 4 lights on the front, but cant do anything about it if they are off. So, save the uppers for extreme lighting needs.

I know the splice method works. I did this project almost 3 years ago & havent had trouble at all.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
you can just splice the lowers into your parking lights & leave the uppers on switch control. That way you can run the lowers all the time when the lights are on & save the uppers if you need more lighting. Most states do have laws on more than 4 lights on the front, but cant do anything about it if they are off. So, save the uppers for extreme lighting needs.

I know the splice method works. I did this project almost 3 years ago & havent had trouble at all.

That's a good idea!:idea:

I've been contemplating this mod for awhile now. Hmmm.......I wanted the lower GT/CS fogs to stay on all the time though. :beer:

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
That's a good idea!:idea:

I've been contemplating this mod for awhile now. Hmmm.......I wanted the lower GT/CS fogs to stay on all the time though. :beer:

That's how I have it wired. Boss/CS fogs come on whenever the side marker lights (parking lights) are on and I control the grill fogs with the headlight switch in the car (like stock).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back