2011 Coming... depreciating 05-09's?

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
I recently read a thread (on MM.com) on who was switching to the 2011 with the 5.0 and someone mentioned how this addition will "kill" the value of the 05-09 cars. What do you all think of this? predicted effects? Might put me right in the buyer's market :naughty1:

Boozshey

Reaction score
06 depreciated the 05, 07 depreciated the 06, 08 depreciated the 07, 09 depreciated the 08, 2010 raised the value of the previous... :) 2011 who cares it will still be ugly!!!

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A car is hardly ever going to be a good investment. Especially around here, where a lot of cars are black holes that consume vast quantities of time and money!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
A car is hardly ever going to be a good investment. Especially around here, where a lot of cars are black holes that consume vast quantities of time and money!

Hit the nail on the head.

Unless its a 70 Boss 302 or something like that.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
IMO it won't kill it. Leftover new 2010's will be hurting though I think. Yes, the 2011's will be awesome...but not everyone can afford it, so they'll go for the next best thing (I would love to step up, but can't make a financial argument for it versus continuing to build my '08). It's a popular car and there will be demand at all price points.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It wont hurt them at all. Its a different body style, and S197's only had a 5 year run, so that will only help re-sale value. I agree with the above post, it will hurt left-over 2010's still on the lot though..Im amazed, that even in winter in N.E., low milage well equipped GT's are still bringing all the $$ at the auction..

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It may lower the value some considering the V6 will keep up with our V8's but you have to sacrifice looks for power

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
It wont hurt them at all. Its a different body style, and S197's only had a 5 year run, so that will only help re-sale value. I agree with the above post, it will hurt left-over 2010's still on the lot though..Im amazed, that even in winter in N.E., low milage well equipped GT's are still bringing all the $$ at the auction..

I disagree. A little bit.

IMO any time a car gets more power it hurts the predecessor. Maybe not ALOT, but I certainly don't think it will HELP the values...

It may lower the value some considering the V6 will keep up with our V8's but you have to sacrifice looks for power

/opinion

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score

Not looking to make an investment, looking to make a purchase. I know that its not going to KILL the value, i was just quoting what the MM member said. My thinking was that with the 300+ hp v6 and the 5.0 on the way, people will be upgrading eventually.

Boozshey, where did you find that the 2010 raised that value of the previous??

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
IMO it won't kill it. Leftover new 2010's will be hurting though I think. Yes, the 2011's will be awesome...but not everyone can afford it, so they'll go for the next best thing (I would love to step up, but can't make a financial argument for it versus continuing to build my '08). It's a popular car and there will be demand at all price points.

Exactely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Think you could get 26 for mine at auction ? lol

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Every dealer I talked to said 13-14K for auction prices on an 06 premium w/15-20K miles.

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much for an 05 with 90k lol

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I don't think they 2011 will have a direct impact on our 05-09 values, but, they're going to keep going down on a regular decline like they've been doing since they were new regardless of what comes out, that's just the nature of a mass produced car. And a 5 year run is not short. These cars are everywhere and in no way are they rare in any shape or form.

I personally think the only guys that really need to worry about value though are the 2010 owners.

Last edited:

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
The 2011 will make the value of the 2010 go to darn near zero since they have the same styling but an inferior drivetrain in the 2010. The 2005-2009 will continue to hold steady or increase in value because they look so much better than the 2010+ models. ;)

How's that for beating the hornets nest? This thread is a joke, figures a noob would start it.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You guys thinking the 05-09 will increase in value are smoking some good crack.

Didnt say increase, but they wont drop more than usual either..BUT, as with any domestic, if the clock is too high, it will suffer badly. But a low milage well equipped right color GT with a stick will hold its value, coyote or not, imo..Now the 2010 Gt is a different story, they will get hurt a little..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back