2011 Coming... depreciating 05-09's?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Hell we just traded for a 70k mile 02 GT that's worth more than it ought to be. Nice good mile GT's will always hold their value fairly well.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Didnt say increase, but they wont drop more than usual either..BUT, as with any domestic, if the clock is too high, it will suffer badly. But a low milage well equipped right color GT with a stick will hold its value, coyote or not, imo..Now the 2010 Gt is a different story, they will get hurt a little..
I agree, this is exactly my opinion as well.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
I recently read a thread (on MM.com) on who was switching to the 2011 with the 5.0 and someone mentioned how this addition will "kill" the value of the 05-09 cars. What do you all think of this? predicted effects? Might put me right in the buyer's market :naughty1:

2010's will take the biggest hit... IMHO...
I'll be the bastard s197

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
2010's will take the biggest hit... IMHO...
I'll be the bastard s197

The opposite actually, I think that they will take the smallest hit (still a large hit tho, every mustang prior to the 2011 will be devalued). They were a one year run and the fastest model of the 4.6l 3v v8.

Tho as I said earlier, the "smallest" isn't really the right word as every s197 is gonna take a big hit, save maybe the rousch or shelbys. Kind of like how the 04 machs held their value pretty well.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The opposite actually, I think that they will take the smallest hit (still a large hit tho, every mustang prior to the 2011 will be devalued). They were a one year run and the fastest model of the 4.6l 3v v8.

Tho as I said earlier, the "smallest" isn't really the right word as every s197 is gonna take a big hit, save maybe the rousch or shelbys. Kind of like how the 04 machs held their value pretty well.

Roush or Shelby's? Hold there value? You must be on some good shit. Roush's drop quicker than a Thailand hooker..And Shelby GT's? Holy shit, I might go $1,500 over what a regular GT goes for. The only one out of the tuner suff that gets hurt the least is a GT500. I know its not a tuner car, but at least banks recognize it as its own.

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
I am a car dealer, and I got the Shelby GT when it first came out 42,000.... Great car and everyone wanted it. I put 800 miles on it in about 5 months, go to sell it and people bid about 30k and thats all the higher it would go. I about wanna shoot my self in the face, So i get a great idea about taking it back to the ford dealer I bought it from. They take it but for 38,000. Leason learned, Dont buy the shelby lol

The best time to buy a sports car or mustang is dead ass winter, They are about 2-4 thousand less and the dealer with the car has to get it off his Float so he takes the loss.

But back to subject, I think the 2010 cars will still be hot bec they have the look that the 2011 5.0 has but not as much in price. People are all about putting on badges on something that isnt what it is.

I have fallen crime of putting GT badges on a V6 stang and trying to sell it.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Roush or Shelby's? Hold there value? You must be on some good shit. Roush's drop quicker than a Thailand hooker..And Shelby GT's? Holy shit, I might go $1,500 over what a regular GT goes for. The only one out of the tuner suff that gets hurt the least is a GT500. I know its not a tuner car, but at least banks recognize it as its own.

I mean, I'm not on any shit, and again, holding their value as a depreciating asset, which is what they are, they do fine. For example, when shopping around, used, the shelbys and roush models were a couple of grand over their regular gt counter parts, so comparatively they do, now this was in early october, but they are still worth more then regular gts.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I mean, I'm not on any shit, and again, holding their value as a depreciating asset, which is what they are, they do fine. For example, when shopping around, used, the shelbys and roush models were a couple of grand over their regular gt counter parts, so comparatively they do, now this was in early october, but they are still worth more then regular gts.

I agree, and they do go for a few grand more than a regular GT. BUT. how much more were they new over a regular GT? 15, 17 maybe $20k? They lose value hard, when comparing MSRP's...

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am a car dealer, and I got the Shelby GT when it first came out 42,000.... Great car and everyone wanted it. I put 800 miles on it in about 5 months, go to sell it and people bid about 30k and thats all the higher it would go. I about wanna shoot my self in the face, So i get a great idea about taking it back to the ford dealer I bought it from. They take it but for 38,000. Leason learned, Dont buy the shelby lol

The best time to buy a sports car or mustang is dead ass winter, They are about 2-4 thousand less and the dealer with the car has to get it off his Float so he takes the loss.

But back to subject, I think the 2010 cars will still be hot bec they have the look that the 2011 5.0 has but not as much in price. People are all about putting on badges on something that isnt what it is.

I have fallen crime of putting GT badges on a V6 stang and trying to sell it.

And not to mention the SHelby GT's were hacked up too. I was embarrased having that car on my showroom floor. Looked like a kid did the work. And $42,000? hahahahahah..You were very lucky to get back what you did. And I feel sorry for those who bought a Shelby GT and thought it would make them money and be a collector. its just not case, but who knows in 20 years.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
And not to mention the SHelby GT's were hacked up too. I was embarrased having that car on my showroom floor. Looked like a kid did the work. And $42,000? hahahahahah..You were very lucky to get back what you did. And I feel sorry for those who bought a Shelby GT and thought it would make them money and be a collector. its just not case, but who knows in 20 years.

x2

The SGT was a JOKE IMO. They could have at least given it the GT500 brakes. The hood scoop was junk. The car does drive and handle well, but the price was FAR more than the value...

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I can see that happening.

A 6-speed manual and a larger, more refined V8 with variable timing on both cams is significantly better than a smaller, less refined V8 with a 5-speed transmission. Moreover, the 2010+ suspension has been dialed in more precisely.

The only thing up for debate is which styling is prefered, the nuts and bolts of 2011 are superior. The 5.0 with a blower will probably be insane.

Last edited:

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, and they do go for a few grand more than a regular GT. BUT. how much more were they new over a regular GT? 15, 17 maybe $20k? They lose value hard, when comparing MSRP's...

Ah I see what you're saying, I'm not 100 percent sure on their price new because I never cared to look them up, as they were probably just about out of my price range (rather, very out of my price range)

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
The 5.0's will def sell. I think they'll brake even with sales of prior GT's for maybe the first year or two but most likely take off selling from there on...IMO :flasher:

Reaction score
Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I will have to disagree on that. Not "all" cars will be a good investment but some classics and vintage cars are.
This is the NADA on our 65 Mustang Fastback 2+2 with pony interior.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...4673~13913~13919~13921&vi=71789&z=75401&da=-1

:)
A lot of things can be a good investment if you wait 45 years. The problem with the S197 GT being a good investment is they were built for 5 years unchanged, and they were all the same. No body style differences, no engine options, no pony interior... They're just not going to be as collectable as the 60's mustangs. I don't personally think they're going to be collectable at all. So good investment? I don't think so, but only 30 or 40 years will tell. As for the '11 GT being a good investment, if you're willing to sit on it for 40 years, it's a slight possibility. It really depends on how many they build, how long they build them, and how many options you have.

95CobraR

Vintage Racer
Reaction score
All new cars depreciate. They usually lose about 50% of their value in five years (sometimes sooner).

Many keep going down in value and are usually scrapped. Some old cars will finally bottom out and may start to rise in value.

A nice 1993 Cobra is worth more today than it was 4 years ago, but someone has been paying insurance and taxes on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back