2011 GT engine hesitation/loss of power

Grey Ghost

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, guys, I hope this is tech, so here goes.

I finally picked up a used 2011 Mustang GT 6MT with about 15K miles on it a month ago after searching for a 5.0 after wrecking my 07. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing and it's night and day more powerful, but I'm starting to have some minor issues.

As of late, whenever I start up my car in the morning (mostly when it's cold out) it gets some hesitation/loss of power in the car, almost like it's misfiring a tiny bit, but there is no code on the dash lighting up, and it goes away after like 5 mins of driving the car. Right now it's annoying, but after learning about all the issues with the 2011's when they came out (MT-82, #8, etc.), I'm wondering what it could be and I'm getting a little concerned.

Also, just in the last week or so (also when it's cold) it's take like 2-3 seconds to start the car...it turns over a bunch and finally starts. Not sure if the two issues above are related, but I need some help on what it could be.

Right now it's bone stock with no mods and the owner before me had no mods on it and babied it. My 07 never had issues like this even when it was tuned.

If you guys have experienced anything similar or know what could be causing it, please let me know.

thanks so much!!

Grey Ghost

forum member
Reaction score
Pull the plugs and see what they look like?

I could try that, was hoping to do that once I ran out of answers on here.

^^ what he said. Also do a compression test on 8 maybe 4 also. How many tanks of gas have you ran through since the issues started?

About 5-6 tanks possibly.

Fuck all that, Take it to the dealer under warranty while you still have some

haha! SS KILLR that's awesome...you're right. I will probably do that. I was just hoping to get a sense of what would be causing the problem before I took it in. I worry about some yuppy tech tearing into my car and saying "we can't locate the problem"

jestang

forum member
Reaction score
There is a tsb for the start issue. They probably need to update your computer to the latest calibration. I had both these same issues on my 2011 and the computer update fixed both of them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back