2011 GT Premium steering wheel

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
My car is an 08 Deluxe. for those that dont know that is a base gt with leather and shaker 500. basically a premium without a leather steering wheel, silver dash trim and my color.

so I have been really wanting a gt500 steering wheel for a long time. the 07-09 gt500 wheels are upwards of 400 and the 2011s are 330+. so looking online I found a great compromise for great value that I could not pass up.

I rewired the new harness with the old one so it would light up and the cruise controls would work

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

I love the way the sport grip and the leather feels.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Nice upgrade!

You should send the buttons out to Ron and get them changed over to green so they match.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Nice upgrade!

You should send the buttons out to Ron and get them changed over to green so they match.

I actually dont mind the blue at all.

Dual purpose of this thread is I want to bring attention to those wanting to replace their steering wheels for cheap to be on the lookout on ebay at roush overstock. I picked this bad boy up for 99 shipped.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Can you do a write up on how to re-write.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
It's been done on other forums with a Boss Steering wheel. Nice upgrade.

redpony05

Reaction score
i did the same thing to my 05 GT except with a boss 302 steering wheel... i really liked the alcantara when i sat in one at the dealer haha. leather looks good too! i dont mind the blue lights on the steering wheel either

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. I've been thinking about doing it. I would do the +11 gt500 wheel though. Good find though at $99

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Did they ever get the radio controls to work on aftermarket headunits using the adapter in place, redpony?

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
I've bought from there before as well. You can always contact them about the wheels. They may have them in stock. But be careful when you do that. They tent to inflate the price up like crazy. For instance I was looking at buyng a set of stage 3 leather seats. They had them for sale for $195 and I had just missed the sale. No one bought them either ( I had put them on watch but totally forgot to log in and bid )
When I wrote them that I wanted them they said they would relist it for me. Which they did at $395. I was like WTF I have retard written on my forehead ? lol I still have stock leather lol

But when they post cheap stuff it's cheap and worth buying. I'm gonna keep an eye on those wheels. Again great mod bro.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back