2011 GT Premium steering wheel

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
yes that is it. I cant say enough good things about this small upgrade. be on the lookout when they relist. they sold quickly and looking at some of their sale history some ppl paid 80 some 90 and I paid 99. Either way I couldnt be happier
99 bucks!?!? For 99 buck this mod is complete worth it. Now time to wait and snipe for a good deal.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
I want a suede steering wheel.

Is it possible to take the wheel itself (the round part with the leather only) and remove it and replace the stock one with it? know what im saying? so take the actual metal ring and swap it into the 05-09 wheel center. That way you will have the leather and sport handles integrated into the regular wheel that has the cruise control in it.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I want a suede steering wheel.

Is it possible to take the wheel itself (the round part with the leather only) and remove it and replace the stock one with it? know what im saying? so take the actual metal ring and swap it into the 05-09 wheel center. That way you will have the leather and sport handles integrated into the regular wheel that has the cruise control in it.

why hack up or go through that trouble? the new wheel has functional cruise control buttons

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
and buttons that dont work. I cant live with that.

Same thing with me. I love the wheel but I don't like how it has buttons that don't work. I can already hear my dad saying to me in the car "you bought a wheel with buttons that don't work? that was stupid"

With that aside, it's a significant upgrade to a steering wheel from the plastic one I have now (I have a base gt) that it is still worth considering. For some extra money you can go with the bullit/gt500 wheel which in my opinion is the nicest steering wheel for all cruise control equipped steering wheels.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I swapped out a leather wheel from a 2005-2009 Prem and it works fine. ..just transfer over the buttons & airbag from your plastic/rubber rental car wheel and you're good to go.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I wanted leather sport grips and thicker wheel. for $99 i couldnt pass that up. yea gt500 or bullits are perfect plug and play but at $400 im not even going to consider it.

dgann3

forum member
Reaction score
If you had an aftermarket radio and the steering control module for it could you make it work on the new wheel?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
yeah do pioneer avics or clarions have remote wires for steering control? hmmmm

and same here, im not gonna fork out 400 for a steering wheel.

dgann3

forum member
Reaction score
I know you can buy a module to make steering controls work for my Avic....I thought it might be possible to wire them to the new wheel

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I think a guy on another forum was doing this but didnt follow up. I dont see why not with an aftermarket headunit.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
i dotn see it being possible since the new steering wheel buttons would have to be wired all the way to the head unit. i dont mind my dead buttons one bit

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Unfortunately this guy didn't do the write-up.

It has been done............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GAiVPyojU

dang thats pretty cool when i get my double din i will look into this

I just bought mine! And just want to let you know, I emailed the seller before he relisted them, and said that this is the last time he will have any to list for a few months....and he only has two more....so you better jump on them!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-F...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f13350540

congrats!!

dgann3

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! I am buying the steering module right now so I can make my volume controls work....ah this will be fun!

Back