2011 LED Color match question

Jericho

Reaction score
Hello,

So I just finished swapping a gen 2 steering wheel into my gen 1 S197. Hands-free and audio work flawlessly due to Maestro RR install. Cruise Control doesn't work because the color of my wheel wiring didn't match the ubiquitous wheel swap walk-through on all the forums - and since no one posted the correct pinning - I'm going to have to go back in at a later time and figure it out.

My first impressions are how nice the teal/light blue leds in the new wheel look, they definitely are a softer color than I would have imagined. From various forum sources I have determined that our s197's accept PLCC-2 SMT LED bulbs, but since I am not educated in electrical components - I'm having difficulty identifying a color match. I do have mycolor - but only on the cluster - so no interference there.

I'm hoping one or more of you can help me out. I'll be swapping out all of the green led's for a combination of blue and white; including the rear view mirror and the information center screen tint. Does anyone know the exact blue led Ford uses on it's vehicles?

Last edited:

RepulsiveReject

Reaction score
Hello,

So I just finished swapping a gen 2 steering wheel into my gen 1 S197. Hands-free and audio work flawlessly due to Maestro RR install. Cruise Control doesn't work because the color of my wheel wiring didn't match the ubiquitous wheel swap walk-through on all the forums - and since no one posted the correct pinning - I'm going to have to go back in at a later time and figure it out.

My first impressions are how nice the teal/light blue leds in the new wheel look, they definitely are a softer color than I would have imagined. From various forum sources I have determined that our s197's accept PLCC-2 SMT LED bulbs, but since I am not educated in electrical components - I'm having difficulty identifying a color match. I do have mycolor - but only on the cluster - so no interference there.

I'm hoping one or more of you can help me out. I'll be swapping out all of the green led's for a combination of blue and white; including the rear view mirror and the information center screen tint. Does anyone know the exact blue led Ford uses on it's vehicles?
Wish I had this answer, too. Years later, I still think we haven’t figured it out… oh well

Reaction score
Hello,

It is possible that they ordered enough to have a unique color for their controls. They are not changed with the MyColor leds. Are there any turquoise LED's?

RepulsiveReject

Reaction score
It is possible that they ordered enough to have a unique color for their controls. They are not changed with the MyColor leds. Are there any turquoise LED's?
i haven’t seen the specific type. i’d love to know the proper color (i know ford calls it “ice blue”, but i can’t seem to find the actual LED’s as i would like to change out all the lighting in my car with them :/

Reaction score
tur-blue.jpg

https://www.lc-led.com/View/itemNumber/639

These look like close to what Ford uses 480nm .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back