2011 Mustang 5.0! HELP! Growling noise coming from clutch?

Renzo

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if im repeating a thread but i have not found help on this anywhere! Ive had other mustangs that ive had issues w/ a throwout bearing or similar but I need help with this particular situation! I have a 2011 Mustang GT with an MT-82 at 108K miles. I did the tranny oil change at 99K with royal purple and ive had no issues with any shifting of any sorts. The other day I noticed a weird growling noise and feel when im depressing the clutch pedal in gear to move either forward or reverse. It doesn’t make the noise when i replicate it in neutral. The noise and feel is also heard for a split second when i turn on the car. It almost sounds like when you run through your brake pads and youre scratching your rotors. The noise is not present during idle so i guess that eliminates pilot bearing. The noise isnt present when I'm in neutral and accelerating with or without the clutch pressed. The noise is also heard & felt during slow driving like in first gear or heavy acceleration. Once i begin to drive the car and warm the tranny up it seems to diminish the frequency of the noise. It can still happen but it does it very minimal.i dont know when was the last time the clutch was changed but i can assure that the clutch is not slipping.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back