2011 Mustang GT.. Will not stay running..no power

LOUTH3413

Reaction score
Hi Still trying to figure this out. The car will start for a few seconds and has no power and shuts off. Talked to Ford mechanic today..he said theres no inertia switch on 2011 it is part of air bag and resets with the key by turning on and off..resets itself. i can hear the fuel pump when i turn the key on..Any ideas? Thanks ps ....... no codes.....

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Air, spark, fuel. Three things it takes to make an internal combustion engine work. Gotta be one of the three missing. I'm betting on the fuel at this point.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
You need to quit making so many posts and stick with just one. What is done to the car? Was it running when before you worked on it? What did you do to it before it stopped running?

lurch519

Reaction score
Does the PATS light in the guage cluster flash when you try to start it?

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
So why don't you just have the car towed to the dealership and have them fix it under warranty? Just a thought.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
going but what your saying, I am going to say spark plugs. My GF car was doing the same thing, it would fire up, but not stay running. I thought it was bad gas or fuel injectors, tried seafoam did not work. ahd to get it towed turned out to be two of the plugs were bad. and seeing as how teh rumor mill is saying you got a procharger maybe the plugs are not sufficient?

brady_f

D1SC
Reaction score
Had a car that did something similiar. Would fire up and run for about a second and a half and then die. Ended up being the battery because the altenator couldn't keep up. GL

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Check the connections on your fuel pump. I had mine do the exact same thing. I could hear the fuel pump turn on but one of the connections was loose so it was only pulling 4V. Pulled fuel pump, re-soldered the connections...alas, it worked fine!!!

This especially if you are running that piece of shit piggy back fuel pump system from procharger. All of their connections suck balls when they put those pumps together.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back